Sign in to follow this  
brooklyny

what should i get?

yo guys. im still patiently waiting on my 2000d to come out of preorder but till then im tryin to get everything else. the memphis mojos that i want arent in stock now. so my question is,

how do the 12'' ssa icon compare to the mojos??

and how much RMS do they push?

is the 2000d sufficient to power 2 of them?

D1 or D2?

their in the same price range. so im wondering if should try them out instead. please give your opinions thanks

i love my 10" icon, they have 1000rms on them but can take more and yeha the 2000d would be a good match up for a pair of them

Edited by lil98cabrio

how much rms watts do the 12" icons push

1000rms but will take more if ran properly

also youd want d1 so you could get a 1ohm load overall

Edited by lil98cabrio

for the record subs dont push wattage they take wattage and as said before they are rated at 1000rms but will take more if properly done. a 2000d is a great match for this subs all you would need next is a nicely made box

thanks for being the only 1 so far to chime in with opinions and advice. i was hooked on memphis for a while. but considering going left with the xcons to be different than my buddy who got me hooked on memphis. so as long as you think the xcons will blow his memphis out the trunk then ill take your advice and get em. so the d1 will get me a 1ohm load what else should i need to bump to the maxx? anybody

thanks for being the only 1 so far to chime in with opinions and advice. i was hooked on memphis for a while. but considering going left with the xcons to be different than my buddy who got me hooked on memphis. so as long as you think the xcons will blow his memphis out the trunk then ill take your advice and get em. so the d1 will get me a 1ohm load what else should i need to bump to the maxx? anybody

i was speaking of icons but if you want to go xcon i say go for it although a 2000d would make them laugh.. xcons are rated at 1750rms but will take 2k im sure if done properly and in proper enclosure will get loud and low..

what subs does your buddy have it will help make a better comparison and what car do you have

for the record subs dont push wattage they take wattage and as said before they are rated at 1000rms but will take more if properly done. a 2000d is a great match for this subs all you would need next is a nicely made box

right i knew that i just said it wrong. so i can get a used ported box off craigslist tuned to 33hz i know nothin about custom enclosures so enlighten me if it will work or not. or what will work

right i knew that i just said it wrong. so i can get a used ported box off craigslist tuned to 33hz i know nothin about custom enclosures so enlighten me if it will work or not. or what will work

we would need to know what kind of car you have. and icons would perform excellent in a box 4 to 4.5 cubes tunned to 29 to 34 hrz with between 60 to 70sqin of port. but again we would have to know your max dims of you car itself.

ok if you can get 5 cubes with 80sqin of port tunned to 32 hrz that should be around what your looking for thier are plenty of box builders on here that do great work should check them out

we would need to know what kind of car you have. and icons would perform excellent in a box 4 to 4.5 cubes tunned to 29 to 34 hrz with between 60 to 70sqin of port. but again we would have to know your max dims of you car itself.

i drive a 05 nissan altima. and i have no idea what the max dim is. so how do i find out? thanks

i drive a 05 nissan altima. and i have no idea what the max dim is. so how do i find out? thanks

a tape measure is you best friend and i can measure on up got one in the front yard right now although it will have to be later i got to go to work in a bit. im sure you can fit 2 12s in that trunk properly.

if you have any further qs you can pm me or email mark i wil be gone from the comp for about 45mins be back

id appreciate that if you could. you mean you have an altima also?! i got 2 12" type r in there now but its in a best buy q loqic box. not sure how a custom one will fit, probably nice and snug. im on the graveyard shift so its my bedtime now so later on is good.

on another note i just got confused with the subs....the XCON 12" handle 1750 rms thats too much for the 2000d that im getting right? i want 2 12"s so the ICON is 1000rms which will match up just fine.

id appreciate that if you could. you mean you have an altima also?! i got 2 12" type r in there now but its in a best buy q loqic box. not sure how a custom one will fit, probably nice and snug. im on the graveyard shift so its my bedtime now so later on is good.

on another note i just got confused with the subs....the XCON 12" handle 1750 rms thats too much for the 2000d that im getting right? i want 2 12"s so the ICON is 1000rms which will match up just fine.

id get the xcons.

theyll be fine with the 2000d theyre jus gona be underpowered.

that leaves u room to upgrade eventually 2.

id get the xcons.

well xcons and memphis are in the same price range. plus xcons rated rms is much more than the memphis. its more bang for the buck. so if my 2000d will be underpowering the xcons but still sound great. and it wont harm the subs in any way, ill go for it. i guess the xcons will just be laughing all the time!

id get the xcons.

well xcons and memphis are in the same price range. plus xcons rated rms is much more than the memphis. its more bang for the buck. so if my 2000d will be underpowering the xcons but still sound great. and it wont harm the subs in any way, ill go for it. i guess the xcons will just be laughing all the time!

underpowering a sub doesnt hurt it at all.

its still gona sound goooood if you get the xcons.

and later on if you want u can get another 2000d and itll be really nasty :)

get the new sundown 4500d and a 4.6cf box and it will be so loud your buddy will shit on himself if he thinks the mojos are banging

yea i would like to do that! but my pre order is in for the 2000d. im gonna get em anyway so it gives me the chance to upgrade again in the future.

so is the 4.6cf box the way to go with the xcons? can you show me to the guys who build the enclosures here? i could get it done at a local shop also this weekend i will find out the cost. although it would be fun doin it myself i have never done anything like that before. i would take on the challenge.

so is the 4.6cf box the way to go with the xcons? can you show me to the guys who build the enclosures here? i could get it done at a local shop also this weekend i will find out the cost. although it would be fun doin it myself i have never done anything like that before. i would take on the challenge.

they are on sub fourms torward the bottom of the list of companies and what not on the home page of the fourm... PoundthatSounds FisherCustoms and AudiableCustoms should you go with SSA i am more than happy to do you a box design if you want to build it or have a shop build it. no biggie to me

to answer your other q i dont own an altima my GRANDMA does lol sorry seems like a low blow

they are on sub fourms torward the bottom of the list of companies and what not on the home page of the fourm... PoundthatSounds FisherCustoms and AudiableCustoms should you go with SSA i am more than happy to do you a box design if you want to build it or have a shop build it. no biggie to me

to answer your other q i dont own an altima my GRANDMA does lol sorry seems like a low blow

ok thanks for the help. sure if you could do a box design that would be great. ill take the measurements. thats funny but im not surprised ur grandma got an altima! lots of old folk and milfs drive em! but theirs dont have mods like a 2inch drop on 19"s and more!lol

ok thanks for the help. sure if you could do a box design that would be great. ill take the measurements. thats funny but im not surprised ur grandma got an altima! lots of old folk and milfs drive em! but theirs dont have mods like a 2inch drop on 19"s and more!lol

pm me you dims sometime

im about to order the (2) 12"xcons in a day or two. just to make sure though. should i get the d1 or d2? with the (1) 2000d setup powering both. with a possible upgrade to (2) 2000d in the future.??

Sign in to follow this