a little rub is normal, I wouldn't worry about it for now. As far as the smell, that also is normal with a new set of subs, they have 5 spiders on them. That smell is basically just the suspension loosening up. You really need to check your gain and sub sonics. This is out of my help area as I am not there and you'll simply have to do some research on it. Perhaps check the sundown section for better help with that.

Sound to me like everything is only a matter of adjustments now. Getting a "clean" unclipped signal to your subs is now your top priority. Glad you go this far. :)

welcome to high end car audio :woot:

Thanks :) lol glad to be a part of it lmao. Because only thing bad about this is i can use my rear view mirror when they're on lmao, because it's just going everywhere, and the top of my car flexs a little bit like that C300 lmfao

So when you push down on the center of the cone you hear rubbing?

yeah but only for the first 1/8 of an inch

Usually not a good sign, im assuming only one does it right?

So when you push down on the center of the cone you hear rubbing?

yeah but only for the first 1/8 of an inch

Usually not a good sign, im assuming only one does it right?

Yeah actually, that's weird didn't notice that, and I just noticed another thing when I turned down my volume to like 1 that only that one plays music but it sounds all weird like distorted? but that sub has always sounded like that the rubbing noise that is. Because I brought it up with mark on the phone when i got them. he said a little bit is normal so i didn't think anything of it but i brought it up on here again to make sure kind've thing. What is it a bad sign of? Because I'm going to be pretty upset if it's a breaking kind of thing cause yeah I just will be I didn't pay this amount of money to have that happen. I mean I know I wired it wrong at first but I shut it off for a reason, so I wouldn't damage the subs, and the rubbing noise is no worse then it was when I first got them.

Edited by Matt C.

a little rub is normal, I wouldn't worry about it for now. As far as the smell, that also is normal with a new set of subs, they have 5 spiders on them. That smell is basically just the suspension loosening up. You really need to check your gain and sub sonics. This is out of my help area as I am not there and you'll simply have to do some research on it. Perhaps check the sundown section for better help with that.

Sound to me like everything is only a matter of adjustments now. Getting a "clean" unclipped signal to your subs is now your top priority. Glad you go this far. :)

welcome to high end car audio :woot:

my subsonic wasn't up that much at all so i just turned it down a tad bit and my gain up alittle bit more then the subsonic so i turned it downed a tad bit as well.