Bill Metts

The F-150 Redux

This is the latest (and hopefully last) redux of my F-150. The equipment going in this time from front to back are a Pioneer AVH-P4000 DVD, Audiocontrol Epicenter, DQXS and Matrixes (x2), 10 Oxygen Audio Component Speakers (Air 83 set with a 6.5 midrange replacing the 8" woofer in the front doors and just a tweet and the 6.5 midrange for the rear), 2 Sundown Audio 100.4s driving the Mids and Highs, 2 Sundown Audio Nightshade 18s and 2 Sundown Audio 3000Ds breathing life into the subs. 1 Iraggi 300 amp alternator, Powermaster batts (1 2700 and 2 3100s) all Knukonceptz wiring. I will apologize for the lack of pictures my camera was lost and it contained about 2/3 of my build log, but enough of the B.S.

Front door test fit

SNC00033.jpg

Front door 95% done.

SNC00035.jpg

DONE!!!

SNC00036.jpg

Lets move on to the rear doors. This took me all of 10 min. from start to finish.

SNC00042.jpg

SNC00043.jpg

Next is the enclosure from concept to finish. I used a Kreg Jig on this one and it came out nicely. It is very solid. I used 3/4" birch for the baffle and 1/2" FRP for the rest of the enclosure. FRP is friggin awesome in my opinion. It has better uniform quality than just fiberglassing over birch on ones' own and costs about the same and in my case it was free:) All I had to do was sand it a little to rough it up and then use one coat of resin and cloth. After that I let it cure for about 2 days and then coated it with Herculiner so that it matched the bed of my truck and then let that cure for a day. In between the fiberglass and Herculiner I used 5/8" all-thread and create-a-bolt kits for bracing. The enclosure is bolted to the frame in four places. Two utilizing the all-thread create-a-bolt tactic and the other 2 with the bed bolts.

SNC00041.jpg

SNC00046.jpg

SNC00047.jpg

SNC00059.jpg

SNC00074.jpg

SNC00075.jpg

SNC00083.jpg

SNC00092.jpg

This is a little side project I'm trying to perfect. I molded some 9" dust caps b/c I thought that the 5" ones that come standard on the Nightshades, although nice in their own right, were a little puny. I have not gotten the process perfect yet but it will happen it will just take some patience on my part.

SNC00037.jpg

SNC00054.jpg

SNC00052.jpg

SNC00055.jpg

SNC00057.jpg

This is the underseat deck which will be done tomorrow and the build will be complete. It will be the platform for the processing and power distribution for the 100.4s.

SNC00104.jpg

SNC00105.jpg

SNC00062.jpg

I am trying to get the money together to send the Epicenter and Matrixes back to Audiocontrol for screen printing but i will post more pics of the totally finished build tomorrow.

Looks good. :fing34: What part of TN do you live?

I'm right outside the Boro (Murfreesboro) in Rockvale.

I say put a flat black paint on the dustcaps. Boo shiny!

I say put a flat black paint on the dustcaps. Boo shiny!

I totally agree... Note to self; if you want something to remain flat black, no clearcoat!!!

Looking good man! Did you use 6" precision ports?

Annnd this is my processing and distribution deck all finished up... mostly. The wiring is a little hectic right now b/c I thought i was going to the Big OKie today, but alas it was not to be. I will clean up a few things and get it ready for some comps.

This is the deck just before intsall.

SNC00110.jpg

The driver and passneger side views.

SNC00111.jpg

SNC00113.jpg

And seats down.

SNC00114.jpg

Looking good man! Did you use 6" precision ports?

Thanks for the props! No I actually did'em myself. Used some PVC I had layn around and flared them using my Ryobi rotary tool.

Ever compete in MECA?

No, but if there is an SQ type category I'm there. You will have to fill me in. Pm me and we will sort it out. A new venue sounds cool.

here are a couple of shots with the wiring 95% cleaned up.

SNC00118.jpg

SNC00115.jpg

SNC00119.jpg

I know it's not ideal and super awesome but it gets the job done.