Sign in to follow this  
PhillBoy20XD6

RE, Sundown electrical

Hey guys I'm kind of new to building and wiring (I've done a couple of installs but I still like to learn). My question is what type of electrical system I should go with. I'm aiming to have TWO Sundown SAZ-1500D's and TWO RE-SX 12's. My question is what type of battery setup I should need to upgrade to. I've been looking at running an Optima Yellow Top D75/25 battery up front and an Optima Yellow Top D34/78 in the back. I don't have much info on some of the other brands to run like XS Power, BatCap, or Kinetik. Any info is much appreciated. I've been following the site for some time now and really like everything I've seen (the 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe build is sick).

i'd suggest at least a 200 amp alternator. i run XS power batts and i love them. i plan on buying a couple more in the neat future when funds are a lil more in my favor. check http://www.mechman.com for alts as well as batteries. i get my batteries from there, and i'm sending my ohio gen alt there for repair and for a lil extra amperage. nice company to work with, with great prices. DC power is another good company to look into for alts.

So going maybe with a single D3100 from XS Power. And alternator upgrade to 200 amp. If that sounds OK to do.