ingramk03

New setup, doesn't sound too good *pics*

This my new setup:

3-Sundown SAE1200D's

3-12" T3 Audio TSS's

2-Kinetiks 2000's in the rear

1-RedTop under the hood

And it doesn't sound that good to me. I did have 2 Fi SSD 10's on 1 1200D and this doesn't sound much better.....I don't know what to do next.......any suggestions?

DSCN1784.jpg

DSCN1785.jpg

wow looks sharp!! but question i thought that mounting an amp on the box was bad...? i could be wrong but seriously it looks good!!

Thanks, just wish it sounded as good as it looks. A local shop did it, they recommended the T3's, so I bought them. It just seems to me that these 1200D's are putting out much.

How do they have them wired?

The subs are dual 2's and they are at 1.2 at each amp. The thing about is, at 35V , they hardly move, I can make the wipers come off the glass and everything but I'm over the suggested output a good bit.

It's hard to understand your post, but are you saying you can make your windshield wipers bounce on the glass but they are barely moving and there isn't much output?

OK, with the amps tuned to 35V, doesn't sound too good (rearview shimmys, side mirrors shake). All well and good, but I had that with 2 10's and one 1200D.

Now, tuned above the 35V, wipers bouncing, windows moving, so on and so forth, sounds halfway decent, BUT above the RMS of the amp.

OK, with the amps tuned to 35V, doesn't sound too good (rearview shimmys, side mirrors shake). All well and good, but I had that with 2 10's and one 1200D.

Now, tuned above the 35V, wipers bouncing, windows moving, so on and so forth, sounds halfway decent, BUT above the RMS of the amp.

Please explain

Voltage=SQRT (Power x Resistance)

SQRT of 1200 watts, I'm running at 1 ohm = 35 Volts AC

This is what Sundown recommends, am I wrong?

You may need to take it up around 1/8th turn or so after doing the gain setting depending on the recording level of your music.

Voltage=SQRT (Power x Resistance)

SQRT of 1200 watts, I'm running at 1 ohm = 35 Volts AC

This is what Sundown recommends, am I wrong?

No that's correct, but I don't see your problem, you don't like the sound?

Didn't really help, I can make her shake at around 77 V, but I'm not going to keep it there.

Duran, the thing about it is, from stepping up from 2 10's and 1200 watts to 3 12's and 3600 watts hasn't impressed me. I guess I was expecting too much fro these amps.

Duran, the thing about it is, from stepping up from 2 10's and 1200 watts to 3 12's and 3600 watts hasn't impressed me. I guess I was expecting too much fro these amps.

It doesn't sound like the amps to me, Jacob did a great job with those amps, they are underrated and really put out about 1500 watts.

What are the specs on the enclosure?

A little over 8 cubes, T3 said for 3 TSS should be around 7.5 cubes. Slot port on far left side 18.5" X 12.75" x 3"

A little over 8 cubes, T3 said for 3 TSS should be around 7.5 cubes. Slot port on far left side 18.5" X 12.75" x 3"

Which of those is length?

What did they say it was tuned to?

Box is 56 L x 20 H x 19.25 D (outside)

Has a 12" by 12" 45 on the far side

Port is 18.5 H x 12.75 L x 3 W

Tuned to around 33HZ

Box is 56 L x 20 H x 19.25 D (outside)

Has a 12" by 12" 45 on the far side

Port is 18.5 H x 12.75 L x 3 W

Tuned to around 33HZ

Well you don't have enough port area that's for sure.

I got 10.36 cubic feet tuned to 29.5 HZ. with less than half the needed port area

it almsot sounds like you don't like your subs! lol!

here is the sub he is talking about

http://www.t3audio.com/core.mdv/TSS.html

but i am confused on how much rms they can handle...16.95 lb/s? come again? lol

as for that what is your sub box specs also i have learned next to do what the audio shop recommends! at least over here if they recommend it, it is b/c they have to many in stock and can't sell them b/c they are crap!

and take it from me i have 1 15inch NS running off of one sae1200 and boy let me tell you i can sure feel it and i bet i am doing around 144-145 db but i NEED to get that tested but getting it tested is hard b/c i work 11hours shifts and 6days a week lol! come sunday i dont' wnat to do anything! and some times i work sundays! stupid job!

it almsot sounds like you don't like your subs! lol!

here is the sub he is talking about

http://www.t3audio.com/core.mdv/TSS.html

but i am confused on how much rms they can handle...16.95 lb/s? come again? lol

as for that what is your sub box specs also i have learned next to do what the audio shop recommends! at least over here if they recommend it, it is b/c they have to many in stock and can't sell them b/c they are crap!

and take it from me i have 1 15inch NS running off of one sae1200 and boy let me tell you i can sure feel it and i bet i am doing around 144-145 db but i NEED to get that tested but getting it tested is hard b/c i work 11hours shifts and 6days a week lol! come sunday i dont' wnat to do anything! and some times i work sundays! stupid job!

OPPS nvm i did notice page 2! my bad sorry guys for the late ass post!!

I was getting the same numbers as u Duran, that's the first thing I double checked were the box figures. They are using bassbox pro. I was using the box calculator on the forum here. After you take off the sub displacements of .63 and the 45 angle and port you do get a little over 8 cubes. As far as the box tune I agree with you, but when I went back tothe shop and told them the box was too big, the showed me the printout, showing 33.18 Hz at 8.122 cubes.

I was getting the same numbers as u Duran, that's the first thing I double checked were the box figures. They are using bassbox pro. I was using the box calculator on the forum here. After you take off the sub displacements of .63 and the 45 angle and port you do get a little over 8 cubes. As far as the box tune I agree with you, but when I went back tothe shop and told them the box was too big, the showed me the printout, showing 33.18 Hz at 8.122 cubes.

The box isn't too big you just need more port. Oh and I would get new woofers as well :P

The box isn't too big you just need more port. Oh and I would get new woofers as well :P

X2 more port and new woofers..comon don't be mean to the guy i bet he paid a nice penny for those 3 12inch subs. but if you can return them and get something different go for it! try different subs out till you are happy!

it took me 5 setups to find a spaeker that i liked! (15inch NS)

Edited by CrazyKenKid

Well the one's I got from them weren't even new... they were out of their demo car, they've had burps of 4000 watts each. So you're saying I didn't get my money's worth ($1050) for these subs? LOL