Sign in to follow this  
JPagan1993

Jpagan1993's Second Skin Damplifier Pro installation

I just got done installing my second skin door pack that I won through the second skin promotion. When opening the box I saw some goodies also, Ant was nice enough to give all the winners a Fury knife and the hard wood roller.

az115.jpg

az012.jpg

I decided that I would install my 5.25 pioneer premier components up in the front doors using the second skin.

PioneerSpeakers.jpg

I first started by cleaning off dirt and dust off of the door for the best contact. I cut out small pieces of deadener with the included fury knife. The fury knife cuts through the second skin with ease and works great. Then I started to apply the small pieces of deadener around the speaker cut out.

az016.jpg

Then I cut some larger pieces of second skin to put inside the door (behind the speaker). It was tough to fit my hand in there, but I put in as much deadener as I could.

az019.jpg

az020.jpg

Then I installed the new pioneer 5.25 woofer, the tweeter and crossover.

az018.jpg

az024.jpg

az0222.jpg

Once everything was hooked up I put the door panel on, hooked up the negative terminal on the battery and gave the stereo a listen. I played all types of music from rap to classic rock. First thing I noticed is how the deadener improved the mid bass so it was VERY noticeable. I could also hear some sounds that weren’t very noticeable before I installed the second skin. After listening to a few songs I was very pleased with the improvement in sound quality the second skin made. Another thing I noticed is when I closed the door it sounded much more solid and made a thud sound instead of a more tiny sound like before the installation of Second Skin. Second skin damplifier pro is great product and easy to work with. Ant at second skin provides excellent customer service and a great product. Whenever I need deadening I will always go to Second Skin for some Damplifier pro. Overall I am very happy with the product and its effects on sound quality. I would like to thank Ant at Second Skin Audio for giving 68 of us at *** these door packs of damplifier pro to try out in our rides.

:) :)