Improving my system.

Car: 2000 Ford Explorer 4Door

Current system:

Apline CDE-102 HU

Fi 18in BL 09

1500D Sundown

all 1/0 gauge knu wire.

8cu ft box. sub facing roof/port facing hatch. Tuned to 32hz

I must say that I am very pleased with FI and their product, I am just wanting my system to be maximizing its output. My first hing which I plan to improve is running big 3, I am NOT having dimming in my car and is it really needed if it does not effect the output of the sub. I was thinking of making a better designed box that has both the sub and port facing the rear. I was also thinking about putting dynamat in the trunk door of the car to help with rattle. Any more suggestions would be great or anything to due with what i plan to do is welcome.

Car: 2000 Ford Explorer 4Door

Current system:

Apline CDE-102 HU

Fi 18in BL 09

1500D Sundown

all 1/0 gauge knu wire.

8cu ft box. sub facing roof/port facing hatch. Tuned to 32hz

I must say that I am very pleased with FI and their product, I am just wanting my system to be maximizing its output. My first hing which I plan to improve is running big 3, I am NOT having dimming in my car and is it really needed if it does not effect the output of the sub. I was thinking of making a better designed box that has both the sub and port facing the rear. I was also thinking about putting dynamat in the trunk door of the car to help with rattle. Any more suggestions would be great or anything to due with what i plan to do is welcome.

could try to use the stuff don from sound deadener show down.com or net or some thing like it. he sells the buytal ribbon sealer it like a 3/8x3/8 x 12 inch long bead of solid buytal use it to stop irritating rattles in panels like lights etc... on in side and out just ball it up and put it behind the panel at the rattle spot. since we all know "explorers are not the perfect listening environment" which is total bs if you know about what i talking about all you got to do is run off road tires on the road to get the same type of hum in the sound track comparing them to bmw. it is caused by the tread pattern of certain off road tires so be warned here. any ways don also sells sound deadener which he says beat out second skin and damplifier pro etc... any ways you get the pic what about a t-line ????? if looking at out put any ways just a suggestion it would be a huge box for a 18 and the explore may have the room. btw it a huge box . btw big three and batts / alts / batt - isolators are good ideas. if you plan to compete

Add a front stage. Currently you don't have a system, just a sub and headunit.

Add a front stage. Currently you don't have a system, just a sub and headunit.

Stuff is on its way, i am not needing advice on mids/tweets.

Edited by LazyFcuk

In the countless enclosures I had in my explorer over the years, for daily driving and best low end performance, I had the best results from rear fire/rear port enclosures. For SPL competitions, then I fired up and ported either up/drivers side/rear. So if you are considering rebuilting and use this primarily for daily, keep that in mind. But yes, do what you can to maximize the current flow to your amplifier, Big3, largeer wire, second run of power and ground, larger capacity or second battery etc.

Sign in to follow this