Sign in to follow this  
944guy

Treo ssx, ssp or other

Ok just wondering some opinions on whats a good 10 inch sub woofer has to be round the box is fiberglass and already built I listen to mostly rap the box is about 2 cubic feet with 2 3inch areos in it tuned to about 36 in the back of a hatchback im looking for something beefy amp will be selected after i choose my sub.

Ok just wondering some opinions on whats a good 10 inch sub woofer has to be round the box is fiberglass and already built I listen to mostly rap the box is about 2 cubic feet with 2 3inch areos in it tuned to about 36 in the back of a hatchback im looking for something beefy amp will be selected after i choose my sub.

y would u want 10s if u mostly listen to rap? ur going to struggle to pick up the lows with 10s esp tuned to 36 hZ

i bet it will work fine, although the box seems kinda big for a 10, is it about 2 cubes after aero displacement, or before?

need a little more info before we can really help you. we need a budget, either for the sub, or sub and amp, or whatever. and how much power you want to run/what your electrical will support

with that much airspace and a relatively high tuning of 36Hz, the first things that come to mind are the Fi BL and Audioque HDC3/SDC2.5. although 2 cubes net is still big for either of those. you may want to think about filling in some of that space (with bracing, or whatever) and dropping some longer aeros in to keep the tuning where you want it

Edit: a kicker CVX 10 would probably do well in there, its recommended up to 1.75 cubes and i think kicker recommends a 35Hz tuning, which would be close to what you have.

and Lucky, having a 10 doesn't have anything to do with how low it will play, although the tuning does

Edited by Solid_State13

Its 2 cube after the box realy solid the glass is about 1/2 inch thick i dont wont to spend more then 400 on the sub. amp right now is a zappco 750 amp might be changed later down the road but i havent found much that can take the power it puts out. i can always tune it lower if need be.

Here is a pic of what the box looks like if that helps dont worrie the amp has been moved and the carpet has all been redone it looks alot beter but i dont feel like taking a new picture so here it is

http://img44.imageshack.us/i/picture026r.jpg/

O and my electrical system is a powermaster d2700 did the big 3 and all my wiring ia 00 gauge

Edited by 944guy