Sign in to follow this  
scameron

level 3 15 handle 800rms daily

my plan was to run a single 15 sealed in about 2.3cuft. i did some more measuring last night and i could maybe get 3cuft. i may have to rethink my amp mounting. so i narrowed it down to an Fi 15Q (will work if i go sealed), Fi 15SSA, (will not work sealed), and the DC level 3 15 (sealed or ported). my amp will run 800rms at 4ohm, 1600peak. i am interested in the level 3 15; it is the lowest rated sub in the group. are those numbers conservative? i did pm rusty. he said it would run fine at that level sealed. how are hard have those who own one pushed it? am i really losing much going sealed. i guess i am gun shy. thanks.

my plan was to run a single 15 sealed in about 2.3cuft. i did some more measuring last night and i could maybe get 3cuft. i may have to rethink my amp mounting. so i narrowed it down to an Fi 15Q (will work if i go sealed), Fi 15SSA, (will not work sealed), and the DC level 3 15 (sealed or ported). my amp will run 800rms at 4ohm, 1600peak. i am interested in the level 3 15; it is the lowest rated sub in the group. are those numbers conservative? i did pm rusty. he said it would run fine at that level sealed. how are hard have those who own one pushed it? am i really losing much going sealed. i guess i am gun shy. thanks.

here is 2 level 3 12's

in a ported box...

and a brutus 1606d

Edited by Johnnymgl

yea i run a 3500w amp on 2 lvl4s and they rated at 1000w per sub, that's fine.

If i had those lvl3s, i'd prob run 1500w per sub to them but i like headroom. You set an amp up properly and you won't have anything to worry about.

yea i run a 3500w amp on 2 lvl4s and they rated at 1000w per sub, that's fine.

If i had those lvl3s, i'd prob run 1500w per sub to them but i like headroom. You set an amp up properly and you won't have anything to worry about.

damn!! 3500d to 2

i just got an aq1200d on mine ...

i cant wait to sell it and get me more power!!!

yea, you need to look at my build log, i'm running 2 3500ds on 4 15" Lvl4s.

I'm still workin on it but i got the main part done with pics.

if you can go ported i would definantly go ported and 800 watts will be fine on that sub