Sign in to follow this  
ardenl73

orion h2 system 15"

i have a 04 pontiac grand am gt. i bought the system ive been looking at for almost 2yrs now, im hoping its as good as i have been dreaming it to be. i guess if i would of read more i would have picked something with sq, not all spl. but im ok with that. could anyone tell me if i need anything else before installing.... i got: 2 orion h2 15.4 subs, 2 orion hcca d5000 amps, 1 15 farad stinger capacitor, 220amp ho alternator, upgraded "big three" wiring. i was also looking at : stinger drycell battery 2150, and a lightning audio 50 farad capacitor-> will i also need these for power? and anything else to run effectiently? sorry i dont know anything about being an electrician i would greatly appreciate the help. .....also as far as the system in general goes, what speakers (like 6x9s and the front door ones) would anyone recommend since the subs are all spl, little if no sq? thanks again :suicide-santa: lol

Ditch any caps. Replace with actual batteries. You'll need at least one additional battery.

What is your budget for front speakers?

Ditch any caps. Replace with actual batteries. You'll need at least one additional battery.

What is your budget for front speakers?

lol man another batterys gonna be gettin to a tight fit. i think i can work somethin out tho. kinda wanted to put an air tank back there for an air bag suspension kit but i just cant imagine that would be a good idea especially with an additional battery lolsee my car rumble then an air tank shoots out the trunk. with my luck itll probly kill somebody as far as the front speakers and possibly rear 6x9s i wasnt planning on spending more than 110 for each set... i was thinking maybe infinitys? for the rears?idk o i also got another question. i ran into some 3/0 gauge wire. would it be smart to swap out the 0 gauge on the big three upgrade for some 3/0 gauge? again im running a 220amp alternator. didnt know if it would make much difference. i dont feel too inspired to consider swapping the other 0 gauge wiring for some 3/0. the big threes just easier to get to.

If you wanna do a very good sounding set of 6x9's in the back i'd go w/ CTX69 - Image Dynamics 6 x 9" 2 Way Speaker w/ Silk Tweeters, i put these in my wifes 03 Grand Am Gt, and they sound awesome. Really good for just some coax speakers. Lil higher than the price you listed but well worth it imo. They fit well to, if i remember right i had to break off one clip on the factory mounting piece and they fit fine. As far as fronts go. Pick up some 6 1/2 adapter plates and ditch the 4x6's. I used Image dynamics 6's in hers. They sounded good but i would have liked them to be a lil louder then they was. She was happy though so thats all that mattered, lol

Edited by bradzilla500r

maybe some sound deadner. and that part that seperated the front battery from the rear battery, so the battery in the back does charge the one under the hood. forget what its called.

maybe some sound deadner. and that part that seperated the front battery from the rear battery, so the battery in the back does charge the one under the hood. forget what its called.

It's called an isolator/solenoid.

I have always liked those subs. I had one 15 on a memphis 1000d and it sounded great. Be careful because you cant recone a h2.