ML91

Is the bp power option needed?

I recently sold my old setup and im looking into getting a 15" Q and an audioque 1200 amp. will i need to get the bp option if i use this amp or should it be safe without it. The sub will be going into a 3.3-3.4 box tuned around 30hrtz. Also my old setup was 2 12" pioneer premiers tsw3001d4's hooked up to a crunch pzi 1500 in a 3 cuft box tuned to 33hrtz, how do you think the q will sound compared to those?

Why are you getting the Fi Q when you don't want sound quality you want loud? There are better choices what will sound the exact same if you put them in the right enclosure. You need a BL

Why are you getting the Fi Q when you don't want sound quality you want loud? There are better choices what will sound the exact same if you put them in the right enclosure. You need a BL

I agree, go BL.

i was just wondering how those premiers handle the power? i have blown 4 of them on my old hifonics amp ... the hifonics put out rated power of 2k rms ...i had them 2 at a time ... do yours smell as well when they are played? yes ik it sounds like it is an error on my part but it is not for those of you about to type it ...

i was just wondering how those premiers handle the power? i have blown 4 of them on my old hifonics amp ... the hifonics put out rated power of 2k rms ...i had them 2 at a time ... do yours smell as well when they are played? yes ik it sounds like it is an error on my part but it is not for those of you about to type it ...

I honestly dont think they can take no more than 800 rms personally especially with that hard plastic cone, I had a pair on a 2000rms amp also but never came close to blowing them. But anytime I was playing full tilt (where my settings were at before clipping, each sub seeing 750-800rms) or close to it, I could hear the plastic cone thumping and the sub bottoming out plus it would play any louder after a certain volume. I noticed that alot about subs that have a plastic cone, they distort more when you get close or to their rms potential. just my experience with them

I honestly dont think they can take no more than 800 rms personally especially with that hard plastic cone, I had a pair on a 2000rms amp also but never came close to blowing them. But anytime I was playing full tilt (where my settings were at before clipping, each sub seeing 750-800rms) or close to it, I could hear the plastic cone thumping and the sub bottoming out plus it would play any louder after a certain volume. I noticed that alot about subs that have a plastic cone, they distort more when you get close or to their rms potential. just my experience with them

ya i play mine full blast all the time so that is why i guess

yes they did smell whenever i used them not just when i blasted it, they smelt all the time. and i did get a bl with cooling option now just need an amp

Edited by ML91

yes they did smell whenever i used them not just when i blasted it, they smelt all the time. and i did get a bl with cooling option now just need an amp

is the sub a d1 or d2?

is the sub a d1 or d2?

the pioneers were d4's wired down to 1 ohm, the bl is a d2

Edited by ML91

is the sub a d1 or d2?

Wire the BL in parallel to drop it to 1 ohms, and get a 1 ohm stable amp.

is the sub a d1 or d2?

thats what i am planning on doing but im not sure what amp would be better to push it, an audioque 1200d or the saz 1000d. I would buy the saz 1500d but im trying to save some money and stick with the 4 gauge power and ground i have installed and the stock alt.

is the sub a d1 or d2?

thats what i am planning on doing but im not sure what amp would be better to push it, an audioque 1200d or the saz 1000d. I would buy the saz 1500d but im trying to save some money and stick with the 4 gauge power and ground i have installed and the stock alt.

Sundown SAZ-1000D and call it a day.

is the sub a d1 or d2?

Sundown SAZ-1000D and call it a day.

x2 ... u would have been fine w.o. bp but u might as well get it because it isnt that much and ur sub will thank u

Edited by Lucky 76

x2 ... u would have been fine w.o. bp but u might as well get it because it isnt that much and ur sub will thank u

well i already ordered my bl 15 this post was when i was going to get a q. changed my mind and went with the bl and the cooling option