Sign in to follow this  
b8sah0l1c

ia20.1 install help

we just got the 20.1 install in a 08 tahoe sunday with stock alt and a second batt. today the ia shut off with just 30min of playing mediocre loud. the arc ks is still playing but no bass. the volt meter show around 14v +/- 2v.

we just got the 20.1 install in a 08 tahoe sunday with stock alt and a second batt. today the ia shut off with just 30min of playing mediocre loud. the arc ks is still playing but no bass. the volt meter show around 14v +/- 2v.

What ohm load are you at ?

What ohm load are you at ?

1ohm load

did you verify with a multimeter? i would say you have nasty voltage drop, wired wrong, or the gain cranked up. did you do the big 3?

the big 3 isnt always the answer as i havent even done it in my car.

what does your electrical system consist of....does the protect light come on and stay on, or does the blue power indicator light come on, or no lights as all.

try putting a jumper form the REM to the Power terminal to make sure the remote on your HU isnt burned out

ETC

Is it 14 volts when its playing?

These things can draw upwards of 400 amps I'd bet its cutting off from low voltage.

I'd also check the sub since 30 minutes of playing with 3k or so on a sub is pretty rough on it ;)

These things can draw upwards of 400 amps I'd bet its cutting off from low voltage.

I'd also check the sub since 30 minutes of playing with 3k or so on a sub is pretty rough on it ;)

yeah i agree.if you have a volt meter with the max/min volts button,put it in min before you play it and see what the voltage drops to .i'm suprised that it can cut off do to low votage @ 1 ohm. How big is the factory alternator .

yeah i agree.if you have a volt meter with the max/min volts button,put it in min before you play it and see what the voltage drops to .i'm suprised that it can cut off do to low votage @ 1 ohm. How big is the factory alternator .

i'M RUNNING AT 1OHM SO THE IA IS PUTTING OUT ONLY 1800WATTS NOT 3000. THE FACTORY ALT IS 160.

i'M RUNNING AT 1OHM SO THE IA IS PUTTING OUT ONLY 1800WATTS NOT 3000. THE FACTORY ALT IS 160.

WHAT'S THAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU! Maybe it's because you sound like an uneducated redneck.

you might need to check your grounds.it shouldnt be doimg that @ 1 ohms. not with a 160 amp alternator.