draggnwagon

head units

just wondering what head units some of the spl guys here with sundown amps are using? over the weekend i was talking to some guys in the lanes they where talking about hu with 3 plus volt outs. that the amps did not like this voltage. the other thing that came up where the rca cable talking about the amps like the cheap rcas compared the good stuff. anyone have any insight on this?

just wondering what head units some of the spl guys here with sundown amps are using? over the weekend i was talking to some guys in the lanes they where talking about hu with 3 plus volt outs. that the amps did not like this voltage. the other thing that came up where the rca cable talking about the amps like the cheap rcas compared the good stuff. anyone have any insight on this?

Not sure who told you they don't like over 3v... but the limit is 6v.

There are issues with fancy RCA cable connectors, though, many times they don't make good contact. Cheaper cables don't have this problem.

There are issues with fancy RCA cable connectors, though, many times they don't make good contact. Cheaper cables don't have this problem.

THANKS my 2000d preformed very nicely i have no complaints at all. i improved my spl by 6db with 2 12s and your and the 2000 75amps of fusing. im planing for the future i have a new pioneer premier not yet installed(4v).

I run an Alpine in my Crx ( not sure on output voltage) and a Pioneer with 4v or 5v out in my Civic.

No problems with either on Sundown amps

WHATS up cookiemonster what about your sunroof?

do u consider the knukonceptz krystal cables fancy? ... i just bought them and i am buying some sundown amps

i would love to know who said a lower voltage is better ... a higher voltage allows ur amp to run more efficient meaning u can turn down the gains =)

i would love to know who said a lower voltage is better ... a higher voltage allows ur amp to run more efficient meaning u can turn down the gains =)

thats why i asked. learning all i can.

do u consider the knukonceptz krystal cables fancy? ... i just bought them and i am buying some sundown amps

I have seen those work for people... anything with high tech looking ends on the cable has the potential to be an issue, but not always.

I have seen those work for people... anything with high tech looking ends on the cable has the potential to be an issue, but not always.

ya. i dont think it is necessarally a problem with just sundown amps ... i know my kicker and jbl amps were having problem with my 120 dollar 4 channel and 2 channel tsunami cables

ya. i dont think it is necessarally a problem with just sundown amps ... i know my kicker and jbl amps were having problem with my 120 dollar 4 channel and 2 channel tsunami cables

You do realize that wire is wire right?

obviously ... the problem is not the wire it is the connector ... it does not get a good connection to the inputs

You do realize that wire is wire right?

obviously but the problem is not the wire it is the connector

Edited by Lucky 76

I run an Alpine in my Crx ( not sure on output voltage) and a Pioneer with 4v or 5v out in my Civic.

No problems with either on Sundown amps

WHATS up cookiemonster what about your sunroof?

Got it closed today. Still needs some maintenance though. It is a 20 yr old car after all :)

wish i knew the krystal kables could be a problem before i bought them.. as well as my KLM POWER AND GROUND WIRE for my 2000d. they say it handles up to 250a. 2000d require a 200a fuse right? so will i be ok with the KLM or not?

wish i knew the krystal kables could be a problem before i bought them.. as well as my KLM POWER AND GROUND WIRE for my 2000d. they say it handles up to 250a. 2000d require a 200a fuse right? so will i be ok with the KLM or not?

just get 1/0 and ur all set

I run Eclipse (5volts) in all three of our cars and I run cables from many different companies. High end Stingers to Old school top o the line Orion Wired and some cheapos they all work fine.

I use a Kenwood radio, with a 4v output and the amps seem to like it.

Guess my rockford fosgate headunit is to good then or my sundown 3000d is bad. 4 volts out and the amp wont even burp without turnning the headunit down. B4 you know it all's post to run your post count up. The gain is not even turned up and I have plenty of power to run the amp. Also I wasnt the only person to bring this up at the show. Plus I had a friend who's 3000d did the same thing and he sent it in for repairs only to be told there was nothing wrong with his amp. Guess his alpine headunit is to good to run this amp to. I have nothing against sundown and think it is a good product but it will be the last time i buy anything from them thanks to the know it all's on this forum for sundown.

Maybe you should turn your gain down ? Are you saying it is entering protection ?

If the gain is too high and you do a straight burp you will get protection -- have you tried rolling ?

There are 100s of 3000Ds in the SPL lanes so it is not the product it is either application or user error.

Being that you are in South Carolina and presumably compete in SPL you should know alot of folks run the 3000s in all sorts of configurations from 1/4 ohm to 18v, etc without issues. So... if your getting protect on a burp you either need to adjust your settings or how you burp. A gain is there to match to your head unit voltage -- have you measured actual HU voltage ?

PS: Have we met at a show ? If so you could have asked me for tips.

Guess my rockford fosgate headunit is to good then or my sundown 3000d is bad. 4 volts out and the amp wont even burp without turnning the headunit down. B4 you know it all's post to run your post count up. The gain is not even turned up and I have plenty of power to run the amp. Also I wasnt the only person to bring this up at the show. Plus I had a friend who's 3000d did the same thing and he sent it in for repairs only to be told there was nothing wrong with his amp. Guess his alpine headunit is to good to run this amp to. I have nothing against sundown and think it is a good product but it will be the last time i buy anything from them thanks to the know it all's on this forum for sundown.

If you need any info feel free to call me ....ive burped/played music on 3000ds with pioneer,eclipse X4<all 8 v>,kenwood,sony ...all with no issues ..feel free to come up to any of us <TEAM NEMESIS>members ...we will educate you on how to do it properly

Edited by TeamNemesis-DJ

isnt there a gain setting guide on one of the forums? if not i can make a vid

The gain is all the way off. I know how to burp a amp. I just didnt get into stereo last night. Yea I measured the output on the headunit. Its 4 volts at full volume just like every other good headunit does. I dont need you to put on a class to show me how to work the settings on my amp. I work on my system instead of spending all my time posting.

It is a very established fact that the 3000D is a very competent competition amplifier -- any claim to the contrary indicates an issue with the setup / application to me. I can protect a 3000D at 1 ohm nominal with a straight burp and my head unit maxed out completely... I can also roll it at 1/4 ohm and 18v with the same head unit when dialed in properly.

Any of us would be happy to help - I don't recall ever hearing from you about the subject.

Protection indicates a condition outside of the operating parameters of the amp -- you may need to roll with your particular reactive load (which you did not specify if you were or not).

I am closing this... I don't see any reason for a fight on the forum about this. If you want help, let us know. If you have already made up your mind - that is your choice, sorry to hear it.