Sign in to follow this  
ANT LAY

wiring a btl

Okay so i done a search and couldnt find much on this, so i need to know weather to get dual 1 ohm or dual 2 ohm on a single btl for a daily setup, in a 2 cubic ft box with this amp http://cgi.ebay.com/Power-Acoustik-OVN1-3000D-MONO-3000w-Car-Amplifier-Amp_W0QQitemZ230365510858QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Amplifiers?hash=item35a2dabcca&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 .... and depending on what ohm set up for the speaker does some on have a diagram of how to wire it up? Thanks in advance!

Please do not buy that amp!

Buying an expensive sub with that amp is like expecting great gains from installing a CAI on a Kia....

That amp is not suggested whatsoever.

The cheapest budget based amp currently getting high reviews is the Audiopipe AP30001D rated to do just over 3,000w at 2ohms bridged, dual class d amplifier.

Since it appears you are new to the car audio realm, if you were to purchase such amp (brand new under $350), i would highly recommend someone trained to properly set it up for you or you will smoke your BTL.

IT's also possible that any amp i or someone else mentions can smoke the BTL too due to clipping the amp when overdriven and will not be warrantied because this is a neglected fault caused by user error.

If you are willing to purchase the proper tools to setup an amp or to have a qualified person do it for you, then by all means buy that Audiopipe amp.

You can also get an AQ2200D which is just under $400 brand new. It does 2200w @ 1ohm.

A 1 ohm stable amp requires a Dual 2 ohm.

A 2 ohm stable amp requires a Dual 1 ohm.

Okay so i done a search and couldnt find much on this, so i need to know weather to get dual 1 ohm or dual 2 ohm on a single btl for a daily setup, in a 2 cubic ft box with this amp http://cgi.ebay.com/Power-Acoustik-OVN1-3000D-MONO-3000w-Car-Amplifier-Amp_W0QQitemZ230365510858QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Amplifiers?hash=item35a2dabcca&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 .... and depending on what ohm set up for the speaker does some on have a diagram of how to wire it up? Thanks in advance!

Get a dual 2 ohm subwoofer (variety of amps to choose from if the sub has this option) and wire it parallel down to 1 ohms :

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=1&I=22 (picture of how to wire).

Dont get that amp, check into Audioque 2200 (audioque.com) or Sundown SAZ-2000D (www.sundownaudio.com, www.soundsolutionsaudio.com)

Buying an expensive sub with that amp is like expecting great gains from installing a CAI on a Kia....

The cheapest budget based amp currently getting high reviews is the Audiopipe AP30001D rated to do just over 3,000w at 2ohms bridged, dual class d amplifier.

Since it appears you are new to the car audio realm, if you were to purchase such amp (brand new under $350), i would highly recommend someone trained to properly set it up for you or you will smoke your BTL.

IT's also possible that any amp i or someone else mentions can smoke the BTL too due to clipping the amp when overdriven and will not be warrantied because this is a neglected fault caused by user error.

If you are willing to purchase the proper tools to setup an amp or to have a qualified person do it for you, then by all means buy that Audiopipe amp.

You can also get an AQ2200D which is just under $400 brand new. It does 2200w @ 1ohm.

x2 on that amp.

If I remember correctly, I dont think the BTL's have a warr no matter what happens to em.

But ya...dont buy it.

Thanks man, will check out some better amps and yea i am fairly new to the audio world

Get a dual 2 ohm subwoofer (variety of amps to choose from if the sub has this option) and wire it parallel down to 1 ohms :

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=1&I=22 (picture of how to wire).

Dont get that amp, check into Audioque 2200 (audioque.com) or Sundown SAZ-2000D (www.sundownaudio.com, www.soundsolutionsaudio.com)

i ll check them out thanks

Definitely use ROCKFORD amps for true power ,def. recommend them..

Sign in to follow this