mattwalter85

good amp for three 10 inch FI SSD's

okay the cap is def out. do i need another fuse besides the one by the batt. in line with the power wire? or just that one? i think its 100A but i havne't gotten my 0/1 gauge kit yet im still runnin a 4ga. kit right now......

I have 300 amps fuses between batteries and then a 200 amp fuse on the power wire going to the amp. And yeah, forget the cap.

Edited by phi

ok guys I can get the RF 1500-1bd for 429 shipped. i can get the Audiopipe 3000-1d for 315.00 plus shipping, i can get the sundown 1500 for 500.00 or the sundown 3000 for 650 refurb:( or the AQ 2200D for 389 shipped so I need to figure out which amp i need to get to run these 2 12" FI SSD's...... one thing I can say about rockford amps is they're always underrated and i'm not so sure about some of these other brands. not talkin trash just in-experienced with them. If I do decide on the RF 1500-1bd will it push these subs hard if i dont get bp power with a flatwind coil? or is the audiopipe amp really that much better? I already have a RF T400-4 and it pus out 520 so thats 120 over what its rated so i'm guessin the 1500-1 would prob do around 1750-1800 rms....... If you guys dont think it'll be enough to push them let me know but thats where i'm leanin at this point...... Let me know what you guys think.

to be honest...any of those will work fine. if you go with the fosgate, it will be fine. but i would not pay that much for that amp. if you go sundown, look used for a cheaper price than 500 for the 1500D. do not get the 3000 bc it will absolutely rape and pillage your SSD's. the audiopipe will overpower those subs but not too bad if your easy on the gains like phi said. i would go with the AQ. they make great amps and the 2200 would be a great match for the SSD's. besides, thats a good amp for only 389....and no cap, get good batterys, get a alt, and do the big 3. look powermaster or kinetik, or if you dont want to spend alot get the deka's from remybattery.com. way better than the yellow tops....just my .02's

make sure to get the 2-12" FI SSD's dual 1 ohm (each sub wired in series up to 2 ohms and they will see a final ohm load of 1 ohms) with BP Power.

Go with the Sundown SAZ-1500d or Rockord Fosgate T1500-1bd for a good combination. The Audioque 2200D will be a good choice if you know how to set an amp, if money is not a problem Sundown but if it is then go Audioque.

I thought two one-ohm dvc subs could only achieve a resistance of either 0.5 or 2??? im a lilttle confused on this part, sorry guys. also when I get my 220A H/O alternator put in do i need to run a seperate 4 gauge power wire from the output terminal straight to the battery with a 300A inline fuse along with the stock wire going to the other battery? this part confuses me too and does it matter what amp i have going to which battery or how i hook them to gether or anything? i'm going to be running two yellow tops if that helps.....