I met with Mike Jaffey today, and we decided to have our first ever USACI even at the Second Skin warehouse to benefit One Step Beyond vocational school for developmentally disabled adults.

When:

October 17th, 2009

Registration opens at 10 am

Event starts at Noon

Where:

Second Skin

3611 W. Cambridge Ave.

Phoenix AZ 85009

Click here for Map Quest Location: Second Skin Location

We have 9 weeks to plan it, but so far, here is what we have in mind.

-Live DJ - Booked - Playing (not spinning) all types of music, taking requests, engaging the crowd etc.

-Catering - Food & drinks will be catered by One Step Beyond. They just bought a hotdog cart and are set up to do small events like this. All profit goes directly to the school to help pay for everything from books, to teacher salaries to Special Olympics events and much more.

-Raffles - Prizes are going to be raffled off every 30 minutes. We are calling up all of our industry friends, looking for some product to give away, but if need be, Second Skin will give away a product every 30 minutes to fill the voids

-Contests - We will be having a few different crowd participation contests that will lead to more Product/Prizes to be given away

As of now I have a commitment for a product giveaway from Digital Designs for a single 510a

I just got off the phone with Buzz Thompson, (the guy in all the Second Skin videos) and he is going to make the trip all the way from Tampa Bay Florida to Phoenix Arizona to be at the show! He stay will be brief but he is excited to come, and I am excited to have him.

More information will be announced as we get close to the show.

Thanks for your attention, and we hope to see all you Arizona guys out at the event!

site_overview.jpg

ANT

www.secondskinaudio.com

Not trying to say that USACi isn't a good format, but with unified finals on october 3rd and 4th, with USACi and DB DRAG, why not consider asking mike about doing Drag, or a unified thing between drag and USACi............it would allow people to start off the new competition season right, and hopefully lots of cash for this orginization.

Just some food for though ant.

J

Bill at www.knukonceptz.com commited to sending a couple 4 guage amp kits for the raffle..

Things are starting to pick up!

Not trying to say that USACi isn't a good format, but with unified finals on october 3rd and 4th, with USACi and DB DRAG, why not consider asking mike about doing Drag, or a unified thing between drag and USACi............it would allow people to start off the new competition season right, and hopefully lots of cash for this orginization.

Just some food for though ant.

J

Actually looking in to taht exact suggestion right now..

ANT

thats not right ANT i wont be in town for this... not right but should be sick!

SSA will have a small booth set up, as well as giving up a few dcons for the raffle. Should be a good time.

Thanks a ton for the support Mark.

I greatly appreciate it.

Maxxsonics just chimed in and will be donating some goodies too!

Things are progressing well.

ANT

Handcrafted Car Audio in Mesa AZ is going to set up a booth and will be donating a free install of some products that Ultra Subs is giving away.

Ultra Subs will be sending us a couple subs and and amp.

Drift Mode has also stepped up and will supplying us with a couple of fender covers. Great for protecting the fenders of the car while workingo n the engine!

ANT

We just met with the city today to get the permit to block off the street for the car show. There seems to be a lot involved but we aer slowly chipping away at it.

ANT

this show should be a have a great turn out!

With all the give-a-ways, I hope nobody shows up but me. haha. I hope I can get my ride ready in time. I realy want to get a much better score.

ACTUALLY, I have a question. I f I wanted to do 601-1800 Stock, and trunk, and whatever else, do I have to pay $20 for each entry? Depending on what I can get done befre the show, I might try to do a street beat and consitancy contest too.

this show should be a have a great turn out!

With all the give-a-ways, I hope nobody shows up but me. haha. I hope I can get my ride ready in time. I realy want to get a much better score.

ACTUALLY, I have a question. I f I wanted to do 601-1800 Stock, and trunk, and whatever else, do I have to pay $20 for each entry? Depending on what I can get done befre the show, I might try to do a street beat and consitancy contest too.

YEah.

You have to pay for every run you do.

We, nor the charity gets any of the money from this.

That all goes to the usaci guy

ANT

We just got word back from the City.

They approved our application to block off the street.

We have the barricades coming in on the Friday before the show, as well as the portable toilets, table & chairs and a few other things.

To park within the barricaded street area and "show" your car in the car show, is going to require a donation to the One Step Beyond Foundation. Maybe $10 per car, or whatever you feel like giving.

To get metered in the Usaci contest is going to cost $20. This money does not go to the charity. That all goes to the Usaci guy.

Only cars that enter the show will be getting metered. So, if you want your car entered, it will cost you $20 + a small donation.

If anyone has any questions you can call me directly

623-533-8193

Thanks so much for your consideration!

ANT

We have the barricades coming in on the Friday before the show, as well as the portable toilets, table & chairs and a few other things.

To park within the barricaded street area and "show" your car in the car show, is going to require a donation to the One Step Beyond Foundation. Maybe $10 per car, or whatever you feel like giving.

To get metered in the Usaci contest is going to cost $20. This money does not go to the charity. That all goes to the Usaci guy.

Only cars that enter the show will be getting metered. So, if you want your car entered, it will cost you $20 + a small donation.

623-533-8193

ANT

ANT, can we donate canned goods and livestock???

Jk, that is cool with me. Clarify: To show our car in the show = to entering the competition or a separate event?

623-533-8193

ANT

ANT, can we donate canned goods and livestock???

Jk, that is cool with me. Clarify: To show our car in the show = to entering the competition or a separate event?

from what i read on the site it sounds like the car show and usaci comp are seperate. BUT to get in the gate to do the usaci part you have to donate for the car show

damn im gonna have to wake up early to get to register on time then sounds like a good 20 cars minimum from what i hear on the forums. and another 5-6 if everyone pulls thru locally (doubt it thou)

i'm going. My car is getting closer and closer to being ready :woot::woot: I need to hurry thou, less then a week to go

I will be there.............no system installed yet (I know I know) but I will be coming

i'm going. My car is getting closer and closer to being ready :woot::woot: I need to hurry thou, less then a week to go

Great! Looking forward to meeting you finally...

I will be there.............no system installed yet (I know I know) but I will be coming

you buying dinner this time ;)