Sign in to follow this  
Rare177

Few questions on the FlatLyne

ok so currently i'm running a setup of 4 IDQ V3s sealed with 3kw, the subs are firing up and i dont like this much, vibrates alot more compare to 2 more powerful subs i've had firing forward, so now i want to go with 3 15s and firing them forward into the cabin, then sealed off the front side of the box.

this is purely for an ""SQL"" install, some days i love to feel air moving, other days i love to just enjoy music for what it is, i wanted to do this design with the IDQs in a ported box, but i think it's just going to have too many issues, and the 3 15s should have more displacement over the 4 12s also.

so here's my questions regarding the 15" FL

will the FL take 1kw daily? my guess is yes.

will the FL do fine in 3cuft ported @ 20hz, or will it want a bit more airspace?

will IA make custom coil options? say dual 1.5ohm or dual 6ohm coils?

I live in Australia so it's not as simple as just making a phone call here :P

cheers.

The term """SQL""" is not very accepted here and i think 3 15's in any application will be plenty loud.

Wth. It capitalizes automatically, that's funny.

Edited by takniteasy

ok so currently i'm running a setup of 4 IDQ V3s sealed with 3kw, the subs are firing up and i dont like this much, vibrates alot more compare to 2 more powerful subs i've had firing forward, so now i want to go with 3 15s and firing them forward into the cabin, then sealed off the front side of the box.

this is purely for an ""SQL"" install, some days i love to feel air moving, other days i love to just enjoy music for what it is, i wanted to do this design with the IDQs in a ported box, but i think it's just going to have too many issues, and the 3 15s should have more displacement over the 4 12s also.

so here's my questions regarding the 15" FL

will the FL take 1kw daily? my guess is yes.

will the FL do fine in 3cuft ported @ 20hz, or will it want a bit more airspace?

will IA make custom coil options? say dual 1.5ohm or dual 6ohm coils?

I live in Australia so it's not as simple as just making a phone call here :P

cheers.

I'd say:

1. Yes, they shouldn't have any problem with that power, at least as long as they build them as good as the 187 I have, which I'm sure they do ;)

2. I'm not certain, since I don't have any experience with them.

3. They have dual 2's, but whether they could do custom coils, you'd have to talk to Nick. I wouldn't see why they couldn't. Might change the T/S a little, but shouldn't be much.

If you don't mind me asking, why do you want 3, and why do you want custom coils?

Cheers,

Kef

3 is the most i can fit while being ideal, 9-10cuft is about my limit, and custom coils so i can get a 1ohm load with 3 subs.

3 is the most i can fit while being ideal, 9-10cuft is about my limit, and custom coils so i can get a 1ohm load with 3 subs.

Why 3 though? I'm just trying to grasp your reasoning behind it. Your shipping costs would be higher, and you'd have less than ideal airspace versus a pair. You'd also have headroom with your gains on a pair versus 3 on the same amp.

Kef