Cage

I need some non-biased opinions

So, this is my current setup. . .

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v448/pheaturez/truck/?action=view&current=100_02991.jpg

I have the opportunity to sell my sub/box for 400.00.

My question is simply this.

Is going from an RE SX to an MJ18 a downgrade??????

I have no complaints with the SX. Honestly, the sub sounds beautiful and it gets loud. Is built really well and handles every bit of power I have going to it (RE 12.1)

When comparing the subs, visibly it seems as if its a backwards step. I have nothing against stamped baskets and plain cosmetics because I am a function over looks kind of guy. . . All i want is for it to perform. But when you see them side by side, the MJ just looks rather puny (no offense) to the SX 18.

Can anyone please tell me a bit about the MJ18??? And what I can expect out of it?

I would like to get louder. My truck is loud, but you know how it gets. . over time, it just looses its luster and you want to go louder lol.

I am considering maybe even going with a wall of 4 MJ18's and putting more power to them. Its a possibility. . . I just feel a bit uneasy about going from a really great daily driver if in fact, all im getting is an 18" sub that is decent for the price ya know?

Sorry if this is a lot to read, Id rather just try to get out everything im trying to ask now so i dont have to keep badgering people with questions.

Thank you in advance for your time and patience with me.

What would you consider the factors that you would call a downgrade?

Are you replacing 1 SX with 4 MJ's?

Not sure what you are exactly comparing from your post.

What would you consider the factors that you would call a downgrade?

Are you replacing 1 SX with 4 MJ's?

Not sure what you are exactly comparing from your post.

Basically im trying to determine how comparable a MJ18 is in a 5 cu^ft 30hz enclosure to my SX18 in a 6.5 cu^ft 32hz enclosure.

Running 4 of them is just an idea that im toying with right now.

I'm glad I read that.

see the following:

SX vs MJ

yea, I read through that. . my only problems with his review is that 8.5 is really too big for either of those subs, and im looking to use in a truck. .not a home

I did use the SX in the car before I got it in the house, and I'm using the MJ's now as well. The MJs are more of a down and dirty lows type of sub, the SX is more musical. If you're looking to have AC/DC sound the best, stick with the SX. If you're listening to Young Jeezy, go with the MJs. I also reccomend not overpowering the MJs too much.

I did use the SX in the car before I got it in the house, and I'm using the MJ's now as well. The MJs are more of a down and dirty lows type of sub, the SX is more musical. If you're looking to have AC/DC sound the best, stick with the SX. If you're listening to Young Jeezy, go with the MJs. I also reccomend not overpowering the MJs too much.

Awesome, thanks a bunch. . .

I have been weighing in on this alot and I might end up going with IA Death Penalty 21" just to play around with it. . .

If that deal falls through, Ill probably wall up 4 MJ's

Awesome, thanks a bunch. . .

I have been weighing in on this alot and I might end up going with IA Death Penalty 21" just to play around with it. . .

If that deal falls through, Ill probably wall up 4 MJ's

nice..

I'll be able to get some more testing infor tonight when I put my 2 MJs back in th van tonight. If you have any other questions about the comparison of the two feel free to PM me or post something up.

That's a nice comparison - thanks for posting the link Kirby!

That's a nice comparison - thanks for posting the link Kirby!

Holy shit he knows my name...

Now I must kill him.

We have an mj in the family and I think it is very musical, granted it is the original not the mjm. It does get really loud, brother replaced it with a wmd18 and the wmd gets quite a bit louder but not on the lowest of the notes. The mj is on garage system duty now, and rattles half of the house on a 500w plate amp, haha