Sign in to follow this  
burton907

new system, time to upgrade

so i finally decided the Q isn't quiet enough for me now a days. i need something bigger.

so i just have some questions for you guys..

right now i have a 12" Q powered by a SAE 1000D.

i am debating whether to get 1 15" or 2 12"s. i'm looking for which ever has the better output. now obviously the best out put would be out of two 12"s. but money is pretty tight, and i don't want to upgrade all my electrical if i don't have too.

i was thinking about just getting 1 12" for now, selling my Q, and running 1 12" off my SAE. how will that sound? will ~1200w make the BTL happy? (daily use)

then when money comes along i want to get the second 12" and then eventually the amp. i was thinking the 3000D. but would i have to upgrade my electrical from stock 2001 Jeep grand cherokee limited V8 for it? the stock amp is 132amps. i'm gonna get a deka under the hood sometime too, but also would you recommend a second battery? i don't want to upgrade the alt if i don't have too.

so basically whats the minimum wattage that will make the BTL's get nice and loud and make them happy. and whats the max my stock system can handle with a deka or 2.

the big question for me here. would i get more output from 1 15" BTL off ~2000watts or 2 12"s off 1000~1500watts and if it's the 12"s, is it worth the wait??

A BTL will be just as "happy" with 5 watts or 5000 watts.

I think the first thing you should do is to build a new/different box for your Q and see if it doesn't suit your needs then.

That way you only spend $40 instead of close to $400.

i thought about it, but my intentions are for alot more output, not just a little more.

i want more of a ground pounder.. daily use, loud setup.

and i kind of want to get FI known up here in Alaska for the SPL side. my friends like how clean my Q sounds but they don't believe me that it can put out some great numbers too. thats what i'm aiming for.