Sign in to follow this  
RE XXXv3

RE XXXv3

I fried the tinsels on my 2005 RE XXX 12D2. I don't know where to get a re-cone or what to do with it. I was going to get 2 BTL 15's and put them in a trunk on 5000W or whatever I could afford, I don't want to buy over 1 extra battery. Can you re-cone a 12 to an 18? Would an 18 on 1500-2000 W ported (through the seat) be plenty? It would save hella on everything, I bought it for $350 and used it for a year in a 1.7 cf3 box @ 37hz, it didn't drop but it had rich and neutral sound. I don't like the tinsels being exposed, they should have sewn them into the voice coil. Can they handle 2000W? 2500? 3000? My plan was to have atleast 3000W, and more cone area than 2 12's.

First off, you need to get rid of that piece of crap sub-woofer. I would gladly take it off your hands sir, those are rated at 1500rms.

Okay, for 5000 watts you need more than 1 extra battery. The reason it didn't "drop" was because you have it tunes to 37 Hz; and lastly tinsel leads are not "sewn into the voice coil" as they are already connected into the voice coil, they are normally sewn into the spiders.

Email recone@ficaraudio.com for assistance with your recone.