Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Clinton

3 Mach5Audio MAW-15 B-stock

We have three B-stock Mach5Audio MAW-15's. The MAW's have been compared to the IDQv2's with more output, to give you an idea. By B-stock, they are brand new, never used and in working order, but the boxes are either a little damaged or replaced. Keep in mind, they used to be listed on the shop as $115 or $125, so this is quite a bargain. And one IXL-18 in need of a re-cone due to a mis-aligned coil.

Because there are only a few, please post which one you want in here, and paypal us at payments@soundsolutionsaudio.com.

mach-5-audio-maw15.jpg

Unit 1:

MAW-15 >> SOLD

Unit 2:

MAW- 15 >> SOLD

Unit 3:

MAW-15, Untouched driver transfered to a new box of identical proportions to MAW shipping boxes. $80 shipped in lower 48 states.

Unit 4:

IXL-18.4, Returned driver due to mis-aligned coil. I do not have motor dimensions to find out what other coils would work so please don't ask. >> $75 shipped in the lower 48 states.

MAW-15 Stats:

Power Handling: 500 watts RMS

Sensitivity: 90db (2.83 volts)

Impedance: 4 + 4 Ohm

Outside Diameter: 39.4cm (15 1/2")

Mounting Diameter: 35.6cm (14")

Depth: 16.8cm (6 5/8")

Recommended Box Sizes

Sealed: 62 litres (2.2 cu. ft.)

Ported: 85 litres (3 cu. ft.) 30Hz tuning

EBS: 180 litres (6.4 cu. ft.) 20Hz tuning

T/S Parameters (coils in series)

Fs = 26 Hz

Re = 8 Ohms

Qes = 0.35

Qms = 3.35

Qts = 0.32

Mms = 232.8 grams

Rms = 11.42 kg/s

Cms = 0.159 mm/N

VAS = 129 litres

Sd = 756.3 cm2

Xmax = 13 mm

Cone Diameter = 31.1 cm

Edited by denim
update, again, and again

updated

Hmm...might be interested in unit 1 of the MAW's

I live in Australia so its gonna have to be shipped (Literally overseas)....I'd like to get a quote on how much it would be to ship here

BTW, I have bought from here before, Aaron will know (Awesome help with my previous order), i bought a sundown amp SAE-1200D...

Edited by denim

<<--- Aaron :)

I will PM you with USPS shipping price.

I'd like to purchase Unit 2 sub for $75 shipped if it is still available. Let me know please. Found my way over here from the link at DIYMA. Thanks, John.

updated see first post

Edited by denim

Yes, it is still available.

Yes, it is still available.

Trying to pay for item 2 via Paypal. Copied and pasted with and without the period at the end, but PP site says something is missing from the addy. Please verify PP email. John

Hey John,

It is: payments@soundsolutionsaudio.com

sorry about the period earlier. :)

Hey John,

Hi Denim, you know I tried that addy several times and I keep getting the message to "enter a valid email." I logged on and off my computer and still no dice. I'll try again.

Hey John,

Hi Denim, you know I tried that addy several times and I keep getting the message to "enter a valid email." I logged on and off my computer and still no dice. I'll try again.

Silly question, but would there be any capital letters in that addy?

Hey John,

Yes I guessed right as PP took Payments@SoundSolutionsAudio.com Payment made for Item #2. Looking forward to using this sub. Thanks, John

Hey John,

Yes I guessed right as PP took Payments@SoundSolutionsAudio.com Payment made for Item #2. Looking forward to using this sub. Thanks, John

That is strange about the capitals, it has not been like that before. But great, will get this labeled and shipped out tomorrow.

Hi Denim, I did some modeling for the MAW-15 and I get 1.2 cuft net for Qtc of .7 and .56 for the suggested 2.2 cutft. Just womdering why the recommendation for the low Qtc design? [

quote name=monkeybutt' date='01 September 2009 - 07:38 PM' timestamp='1251862705' post='551988]

I'd like to purchase Unit 2 sub for $75 shipped if it is still available. Let me know please. Found my way over here from the link at DIYMA. Thanks, John.

updated see first post

Edited by denim

Those are the box suggestions provided by Mach5. I vote you try to port it if you can, because people seemed to really love it ported. :)

Monkeybutt's driver ships out today. Bad news is that I did one more inspection of Unit #2 and there was a crack in the basket from the return shipping to us. So monkeybutt has #1 coming to him instead. I will update the topic now.

If anyone wants Unit #2 for the motor, I am re-listing it as such.

Monkeybutt's driver ships out today. Bad news is that I did one more inspection of Unit #2 and there was a crack in the basket from the return shipping to us. So monkeybutt has #1 coming to him instead. I will update the topic now.

So will #2 come with the basket + soft parts or is it now just a motor?

So will #2 come with the basket + soft parts or is it now just a motor?

It is still fully intact, I have not torn it down. So you can have the entire driver.

is the crack in the basket repairable?

Ehh, not sure. It is possible if you want to try, but I would not suggest it. Would probably be best to just get an entire new top assembly.

Ehh, not sure. It is possible if you want to try, but I would not suggest it. Would probably be best to just get an entire new top assembly.

its worth a shot, and if i do ill just pick up a new top assembly. could this be build into like a 10 since i already have a spare 10" basket here?

its worth a shot, and if i do ill just pick up a new top assembly. could this be build into like a 10 since i already have a spare 10" basket here?

That I am not sure of, but I don't see why not. I would suggest emailing Mach5 to find out any specifics in terms of rebuilding. It is a 2" coil motor, but as for specs, I don't have them.

That I am not sure of, but I don't see why not. I would suggest emailing Mach5 to find out any specifics in terms of rebuilding. It is a 2" coil motor, but as for specs, I don't have them.

ok ill decide that after i try to fix the sub. and thanks for the input cause im going to pick this up just to mess around with it.

Ok great.

That leaves us with:

Unit #3, Mint MAW-15 in new box.

Unit #4, Intact IXL 18.4 with mis-aligned coil.

ok ill decide that after i try to fix the sub. and thanks for the input cause im going to pick this up just to mess around with it.

Try some JB Weld. I tore an aluminum cone apart and mended it with some and it's holding up very well to some serious punishment.