Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Clinton

3 Mach5Audio MAW-15 B-stock

Ok great.

That leaves us with:

Unit #3, Mint MAW-15 in new box.

Unit #4, Intact IXL 18.4 with mis-aligned coil.

By "mis-aligned" you mean the coil is rubbing on it due to some type of shift in the cone, or did the spider/surround become detached at one point to where as the cone shifted?

Ok great.

That leaves us with:

Unit #3, Mint MAW-15 in new box.

Unit #4, Intact IXL 18.4 with mis-aligned coil.

By "mis-aligned" you mean the coil is rubbing on it due to some type of shift in the cone, or did the spider/surround become detached at one point to where as the cone shifted?

Slight shift in the cone, probably due to shipping.

is the crack in the basket repairable?

Ehh, not sure. It is possible if you want to try, but I would not suggest it. Would probably be best to just get an entire new top assembly.

its worth a shot, and if i do ill just pick up a new top assembly. could this be build into like a 10 since i already have a spare 10" basket here?

That I am not sure of, but I don't see why not. I would suggest emailing Mach5 to find out any specifics in terms of rebuilding. It is a 2" coil motor, but as for specs, I don't have them.

ok ill decide that after i try to fix the sub. and thanks for the input cause im going to pick this up just to mess around with it.

Try some JB Weld. I tore an aluminum cone apart and mended it with some and it's holding up very well to some serious punishment.

thats just what i was going to use

Hi Denim, I'll also take MAW-15 item #3. $80 Paypaled. Thanks, John

I just checked paypal and did not see it in there. Which address did you send to?

I just checked paypal and did not see it in there. Which address did you send to?

Okay, I just checked PP and its says payment is completed to payments@soundsolutionsaudio.com

Okay, I just checked PP and its says payment is completed to payments@soundsolutionsaudio.com

Ok, it went through. :) We will process it in the morning and it will ship out tomorrow. You officially are buying the very last new MAW-15. Something you can say I guess. :)

Ok, it went through. :) We will process it in the morning and it will ship out tomorrow. You officially are buying the very last new MAW-15. Something you can say I guess. :)

I can also say that this sub sounds incredible in my system. It displaces a 12" TC 2+ and a CSS CDX-10 ported which I had been switching between. The combination of bass articulation with authority of the MAW-15 in a sealed 1.8 cuft. enclosure trumps my other systems for SQ w/ presence. This next MAW-15 will replace or perhaps alternate for bass duty w/ an SI Magv4. It is too bad more of these are not being made.

I also wonder if something like the IXL15 actually sounds better or just has more SPL capability.? Brings to mind IDQ vs IDMAX which to me IDQ has better SQ, but IDMAX can play louder/ hit harder.

Interesting, two Mach5 subs pushing out XBL2 drivers. :) Nice relation, as I mentioned before, people equated the MAW to the IDQ's.

Closest drivers in general performance to the MAW, that are current, I would say RL-i / Dcon / Lethal Injection.

Update:

All MAW's are gone, only the IXL 18.4 that needs a recone remains.

Update:

How much is the recone?

Update:

How much is the recone?

You will have to email mach5audio directly. :)