Sign in to follow this  
Macktoon

18" SSD's

Looking at Possibly Doing 2 18" SSD's in the Trunk of a Lincoln Town Car (1996)..On a Massive p1500.1,,, I was just wondering on overall efficiency on the ssd's.. ive yet to play around much with 18's and i figured i could fit a good 12+ cu ft back there.. Im thinking possibly subs up vent back but was wondering everyones input on overall sub/port placement on that specific vehicle

Dang, coincidence or what, I am barely starting a build in a 96 town car too and i'm doing the SSD 18's off of a rockford fosgate t1500-1bd :coolugh: . I am also unsure of box and setup as it will be my first time using these, i'm not trying to thread jack either just thought that was a weird coincidence.

Lincoln is a rough trunk as the space through which soundwaves can get between trunk and cabin is pretty small and there's a LOT of steel and stuffing in between as well.

IMO getting really ballsy with removing that stuff will pay off. I'd consider porting through the rear deck as well. I did an older towncar with a bandpass that ported up through the rear deck with decent results though that would likely be impractical with 18's for a number of reasons.

Sign in to follow this