edouble

Trying to decide but need your opinion

Whats up all! I am about to purchase build new system and I am starting with the low end. I want great sound quality, reliability and lots of output!

Big 3 (Optima 750CCA and factory 90amp alternator)

Alpine CDA-9887

Alumapro Cap5 V2

I dont know which amp yet but I have it narrowed down to these two choices

Sundown SAZ-1500D

US Amps 400DE

I think I am going with one 15" subwoofer and I have narrowed it down to these three choices

RE SX15

Fi BTL 15

SSA XCON 15D2

What amp and sub combo do you think would be best? All three subs seem great and both amps are excellent, any advice?

I would go with the sundown 1500d and the xcon 15 no doubt. I think they have that combo for sale at the ssa store.

would also choose the same combo, i think that sundown has more reliable amps with higher output. with the subs btl is 2k rms and the sx doesn't have the high out put plus the sound quality that you can recieve from the Xcon. doesn't mean you can't have the btl but the xcon in my opinion would be a better combo. if you purchased the btl i would step up to the saz 2kd, but then again think of you electrical.

I agree, with going with the sundown/x-con combo. I've yet to hear the x-con in person yet, but I've heard the SX and I've owned the BTL and I would say they don't have the best SQ at all. Also as stated you can get them from the SSA shop so that's a plus too.:fing34:

The Xcon combo ? wow!!! That's a great deal if you want the Best!!!

I've heared the 15 Xcon on "just" 1200 watts, and now I know which sub I will buy next : an Xcon for sure !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love my 15 Icon on the sundown saz 1000, so, I will keep it with joy :) until I can afford the Xcon or the combo.

Well i have never heard the XCON subs but i have heard the BTL and its a damn good sub, If your not worried about build cost i would say the saz is the way to go as i have heard nothing but good things about them. But if your wanting cheaper i know the ap30001d is half the cost. But if i had the money i would go with the BTL and the SAZ