Juice0723

What would you reccommend?

Hey, whats the biggest subs you guys think that will work good in my hatch? Its about 39" wide. Top of back seat headrest to the curve at the back, depth is about 18-19". Depends on how high you go from the floor. Floor to the back of the headrest is 16.5-17".

I was thinking about doing two 18" Xcons with a sundown 3500. But I don't think I have the room. I would like to be as loud as possible and sound good. Thanks.

SD530077.jpg

SD530078.jpg

I dont think you will have the room for 2-18"s, it looks like you have room for 2-12''s after displacement (port, subs and bracing) when I put you max dimensions in a box calculator 39"w x17"h x 19"d.

Those 12"s would have the room to make a good enclosure and not be choked by a small box like the 15"s or 18"s.

Edited by jay-cee

Idk if youd even have enough room for 1 18 with all the equipment youd need to run it.

single 15 maybe? definitely not 18's. I agree with Jay-cee, 2 -12" is probably the best bet.

single 15 maybe? definitely not 18's. I agree with Jay-cee, 2 -12" is probably the best bet.

X3

I like single driver personally, pair of 12's and single 15 is about the same.....damn I really wish I had a hatchback :o(

Alright I might just go with two 12's then. But I don't know if I'll get the loudness I want but still sound good. I am wanting to try two 12" Xcon's off a sundown 3500. The main reason I want it loud is for next summer. There is going to be a sound comp in my city. I just wanted to have the loudest and cleanest setup there. What you guys think?

Alright I might just go with two 12's then. But I don't know if I'll get the loudness I want but still sound good. I am wanting to try two 12" Xcon's off a sundown 3500. The main reason I want it loud is for next summer. There is going to be a sound comp in my city. I just wanted to have the loudest and cleanest setup there. What you guys think?

Basically we think that what fits will get the loudest, if you want to throw 2-15"s or 2-18"s in there and the box is too small you will be choking the subs and just wasting your money. So grab one tough ass 15" subwoofer or 2-12" subs since that the space you have for it and it will do its job in getting loud and sounding good. If you arent sure about the XCONS then check out other subs but the 12"s or 15" is what you want. Just my .02.

2 12" xcons or any top sub from any of the manufacturers on this site and youll be up there at the comp. what are you upgrading from? and what have you heard that you liked?

I'm upgrading from my two 10" Phoenix Gold Rsdc's. I won my first comp with those. Took a guy out that had two 15" rockford t1's off some rockford power amp. Well I like my setup very well. I have heard two W7's, I liked that as well. Because I like feeling the pressure in my ears and feeling the bass in your throat. And to blur your vision.

Edited by Juice0723

so im guessing you hit like around a 140 with those tens, and 2 12" subs from some of these companies will do around 150 so you should be able to take that comp no problem. i spanked a 13w7 on 1500 watts by about 1.5 db on termlab with my single 12" bl on 1500 watts(144.6). i would also look into the BTL's if you can power them.