Sign in to follow this  
mrcrown89

eq

Yes i putting the finishing touches on my system thanks to all of the ssa members my question is this will a eq do any good for my system or is it just a waste of money i need the pros and cons. Also my final question is the pros and cons of not having any rear deck speakers i was to by some members to get rid of them which i did i can tell the difference but is that the right move. Thanks for all of your help and support and lets countuine to help and support each other

rear speakers will not sound good as your mids and highs should come from the front speakers only.

Well, mids may not have to be in the far front all the time.

Anyways, an EQ is not needed unless competing in SQ or you have some serious frequency response problems.

If the amp is setup right, EQ is not necessary and if boosting will only cause clipping at amp's setup volume.

EQ's never hurt AS LONG AS you use them right. If you don't use them properly, they'll reek havoc on a system.

I have more then I know what to do with. 206 bands spread out through 6 channels.

Yes i putting the finishing touches on my system thanks to all of the ssa members my question is this will a eq do any good for my system or is it just a waste of money i need the pros and cons. Also my final question is the pros and cons of not having any rear deck speakers i was to by some members to get rid of them which i did i can tell the difference but is that the right move. Thanks for all of your help and support and lets countuine to help and support each other

if it sounds better then u then its a good idea. we can speculate as to what will be better for you but u have to experiment with your install to find out if your seeing a benefit.

as far as eq, describe your install and goals first!