Sign in to follow this  
k_schutte

how about those 21" DP's?

I have the chance to possibly pick up a pair of 21" DP's in trade for my XXX-6500D and was wondering if it would be worth doing. I got an Astro not too long ago and planned a pair of 18"s with the 6500D but then this offer came along. The 21"s need reconed, but the amp is 7/10 cosmetic and 10/10 mechanical and just clamped 4589 @ 1ohm on 13.8V during the competition saturday. I was looking around on you tube and what not at flex videos and dB numbers and am very unimpressed so far! Thinking may be I should keep the 6500D and run a single 18" on it instead? something like an RD HeavyWeight 18" to be more specific. Otherwse I would prbably run the 21"s on 1500~ each.

So, My main qusetion I guess would be, what do you think would get me better number.

1. Single RD H.W. (or similar) 18" on 4K+

2. pair of DP 21"s on 1500~ each?

I have a TON of space, box can be up to like 30ft (which is much bigger than i'll need for either so...) trying to put together decently priced SPL vehicle. Basic 5, Advanced No Wall and Extreme 1 are the classes I would like to run in.

I have the chance to possibly pick up a pair of 21" DP's in trade for my XXX-6500D and was wondering if it would be worth doing. I got an Astro not too long ago and planned a pair of 18"s with the 6500D but then this offer came along. The 21"s need reconed, but the amp is 7/10 cosmetic and 10/10 mechanical and just clamped 4589 @ 1ohm on 13.8V during the competition saturday. I was looking around on you tube and what not at flex videos and dB numbers and am very unimpressed so far! Thinking may be I should keep the 6500D and run a single 18" on it instead? something like an RD HeavyWeight 18" to be more specific. Otherwse I would prbably run the 21"s on 1500~ each.

So, My main qusetion I guess would be, what do you think would get me better number.

I have a TON of space, box can be up to like 30ft (which is much bigger than i'll need for either so...) trying to put together decently priced SPL vehicle. Basic 5, Advanced No Wall and Extreme 1 are the classes I would like to run in.

if you are looking to be competitive in an extreme class, id leave those DP's alone and step it up to the warden.,...

if you are looking to be competitive in an extreme class, id leave those DP's alone and step it up to the warden.,...

how serious and how loud are you tryin to be? if you gonna run bout 1.5k to 2 21s vs a single sub on 4k id go the 21s....

you can easily do 150+db with 2 21s and 3k+ total power and keep it very listenable.... so answer this... whats the total power you plan on using.. and whats your final goal... overall loudness or strickly spl? youve got the airspace to play.... i personally did a 150.3 with 21 dps in my burb with bout 3500 to the pair and bout 16cubes... would been louder but the tuning was off....