tez224

Orion 2500d too much for 2 rl-p 15s?

Would this be too much power for them if I watched the gains? I am also thinking about upgrading to 3 rl-ps and the 2500d at .67 ohms :P

I was going to do the same thing, buy the 2500D from HCCAfan and give each rl-p 15 1250w, but every one told me that i didnt need that much power to get the rl-p going etc, etc. You can do it if you watch the gains, thats what iwas told, and if you know what your doing then your good. You will need a scope or a dmm thats for sure.

Do you have your rl-ps installed and pumping yet? My thinking was to get the 2500d and 2 15s... and if it isnt loud enough or maybe do it anyways... build a new 7.5 cube box and wire the 2500d down to .67 ohms :o but now im thinking about just running about 1800-2kw to them. Im still not sure. thanks.

the 2500d will be fine...plus it'll give ya a couple of options.

with 1200kwrms on tap at 4 ohm, u can also start there. it'll be great on ur electrical system too! if it isn't loud enough, u cna always rewire the subs to get one ohm..and if that isn't loud enough, buy the third sub..

and if u compete, u can have 1200 for daily and 2500+ for comps...

u'll be impressed with the rl-p's and 1200, alot. u'll go deaf with 2500, lol....but really watch the gains. 1200wrms is just about all i would ever feed a single rl-p. but they surely don't need it to do their thing...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

the 2500d will be fine...plus it'll give ya a couple of options.

with 1200kwrms on tap at 4 ohm, u can also start there. it'll be great on ur electrical system too! if it isn't loud enough, u cna always rewire the subs to get one ohm..and if that isn't loud enough, buy the third sub..

and if u compete, u can have 1200 for daily and 2500+ for comps...

u'll be impressed with the rl-p's and 1200, alot. u'll go deaf with 2500, lol....but really watch the gains. 1200wrms is just about all i would ever feed a single rl-p. but they surely don't need it to do their thing...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Its in the mail :P:D