Sign in to follow this  
turn it up

SUB moving problem

Running four Dc audio 15 level subs off 4 sundown 1500 wired to 1 ohm.with four odessy 2250 and 210 amp altnators

The problem i have is that the four subs come out a long way (not meant to do it in a funny style osaltion)When i get to about 152 db on music.

I used to be able to bass race at 154.5 but now can't run that loud at all.

I switched from running two crown bpx 2200.And made the box bigger to over 20 cubic's after displacment.it was 14 cubic foot after displacment.

I am wondering is the problem cause the box is to big.

box is tuned to 32 hz.

Burps at 45hz and 155.1 with the 20 cubic foot and 154.6 with the 14cubic foot.

so its louder when burping one tone, but playing music it looks like its gonna hurt the sub before you can get as loud as before? were both boxes tuned to the same freq.?

Edited by ppiflat10s

so its louder when burping one tone, but playing music it looks like its gonna hurt the sub before you can get as loud as before? were both boxes tuned to the same freq.?

yup its .3 louder on burp but is really down on the music playing. 2 db or that ya looks like the subs will get hurt as they say.

Ya tuned to the same frequency.

Its in a walled car.

So, they aren't really "moving" so you think they are broken?

no subs are prefect. its just when i get to certain volume the subs start to move out of control like not with the music.

box volume will affect loudness. Just because it's tuned to the same frequency doesn't mean that the new box will peak at the same frequency as the smaller box before. Larger boxes also don't handle as much power as smaller.

box volume will affect loudness. Just because it's tuned to the same frequency doesn't mean that the new box will peak at the same frequency as the smaller box before. Larger boxes also don't handle as much power as smaller.

Cool thanks so the problem could be the bigger box

when burping with a larger box, you usually gain efficiency as u see your score go up.

When street beating\bassracing with a larger box, you run a large range of frequencies which will have a major difference than a smaller box.

Lower notes in particular will cause the sub to move a lot more.

Your best bet is to increase the subsonic filter higher than what you had it before or...

for bassrace, you need to change your song if it's dippin that low causing your sub to move a lot more...

Your bassrace song should be a constant 45hz with some moderate bass hits so it's legal.

when burping with a larger box, you usually gain efficiency as u see your score go up.

When street beating\bassracing with a larger box, you run a large range of frequencies which will have a major difference than a smaller box.

Lower notes in particular will cause the sub to move a lot more.

Your best bet is to increase the subsonic filter higher than what you had it before or...

for bassrace, you need to change your song if it's dippin that low causing your sub to move a lot more...

Your bassrace song should be a constant 45hz with some moderate bass hits so it's legal.

I am playing the same songs as i normally did.But its like the subs get a mind of there own and strat moving the own way.Be playing grand then suddenly start moving madly

Make sure a sub didn't come disconnected inside the box, allowing the sub to basically act as a passive radiator. Also check all coils with a DMM to see if any are damaged.

Make sure a sub didn't come disconnected inside the box, allowing the sub to basically act as a passive radiator. Also check all coils with a DMM to see if any are damaged.

Thanks but unforutally i check my ohms two or three times a week to be sure and ohms are reading prefect on ddm and have took out subs to check wires.

Where should i put the sub sonic filter on the amps for port for 32hz.i have it set a little up from the 10 hz around 25 hz on the amp around a 10 percent of a turn from the 10hz on the marked number on the amp am i righ in doing that

Im not sure the exact numbers on the SSF on Sundown Amps but I just made an equation out of it (60-10= 50 50/2=25 so every quarter of a turn is about 12.5Hz or so, if Im wrong somebody will chime in and tell me) so at 10% I doubt its at 25Hz. I think your sub sonic filter is set way to low, just my .02.