Sign in to follow this  
forsellb

Ok which amp is the best outta these few?

he might mean hell run each D1 sub at 2 ohms? for a final 1 ohm load? wouldnt make sense to me to get a final 2 ohm load, when the amp he was thinking about makes most power at 1 ohm.

So just forget about the whole eff thing? with the 4ohm 100hz 86%? And I was thinking what if I get the 2000D, one for each sub, would that be fine?

also is the 3500D underrated? Should I expect around 4kw or 3500-3800kw?

All Sundown amps are underrated, your making this amp selection process harder than it has to be. Whomever your listening to about the information their giving you about the efficiency of an amp at 4ohms when you wont even use it at that ohm load should not be listened too. I think you may need to start at a lower power level amp. What equipment are you using, what electrical upgrades are you gonna do or have done?

So just forget about the whole eff thing? with the 4ohm 100hz 86%? And I was thinking what if I get the 2000D, one for each sub, would that be fine?

All Sundown amps are underrated, your making this amp selection process harder than it has to be. Whomever your listening to about the information their giving you about the efficiency of an amp at 4ohms when you wont even use it at that ohm load should not be listened too. I think you may need to start at a lower power level amp. What equipment are you using, what electrical upgrades are you gonna do or have done?

Im going to do the big 3 with a 220a alt, and two HC2400 batteries, plus the 3500D and two BTL 12s.. Makes sense to me, and the guy was a friend who I trust but yea, hes wrong on that one part I guess huh..

Im going to do the big 3 with a 220a alt, and two HC2400 batteries, plus the 3500D and two BTL 12s.. Makes sense to me, and the guy was a friend who I trust but yea, hes wrong on that one part I guess huh..

do you know exactly what the big 3 is?

you seemed confused when it was mentioned before.

Just because you know someone and trust them doesnt mean they know everything. Make sure you read up on everything your doing such as Big 3, upgraded alt, how to wire those batteries and so on to get a good install. I wouldnt suggest you and your friend do this install unless you guys really know what your doing.

Just because you know someone and trust them doesnt mean they know everything. Make sure you read up on everything your doing such as Big 3, upgraded alt, how to wire those batteries and so on to get a good install. I wouldnt suggest you and your friend do this install unless you guys really know what your doing.

Well im really good when it comes to wiring and electronics.. Im self taught so I dont really know terms but big 3 is ground and power wires on batts and alts, and I know what Im doin for the most part, just he threw that in and he was told that from an audio store that sell him stuff so thats why I believed it, but I believe this site and you guys more. Me and a totally different friend plus and uncle who used to compete will be putting this build together.

ps the only thing that sux about the big3 for me is I have to run a 0 or 4ga wire from the front of my car to the rear, where all 3 batts will be..

Well im really good when it comes to wiring and electronics.. Im self taught so I dont really know terms but big 3 is ground and power wires on batts and alts, and I know what Im doin for the most part, just he threw that in and he was told that from an audio store that sell him stuff so thats why I believed it, but I believe this site and you guys more. Me and a totally different friend plus and uncle who used to compete will be putting this build together.

ps the only thing that sux about the big3 for me is I have to run a 0 or 4ga wire from the front of my car to the rear, where all 3 batts will be..

Yeah I feel your pain there since my starting battery is in the trunk as will be my secondary battery when I get one.

Yeah I feel your pain there since my starting battery is in the trunk as will be my secondary battery when I get one.

Yea no joke, its funny when people are like pop your hood and let me see.. they look and they are like wtf wheres your batt? What kinda car you got?

I got a 2003 Saturn Ion, but from my understanding Chargers, Mercedes and some other cars have their battery in the back. I forgot which car has it behind the rear tire wheel panel, which is a bitch and a half to get to.

It has its perks though, especially car audio so your main wire is not that long and you can jump somebody from the front or back when their battery is dead.

Edited by jay-cee

Who told you that? I want to know so I can slap them in the face for being retarded. 86% is fine. And who cares about the 4ohm efficiency I mean really? Going to be running it at 4ohm playing 100Hz only?

But you have to remember the 4500 is a large step up compared to all the other mentioned amps. And to meet the power output of the SAZ you would need two-three of the other amps.

Well they said 86% @ 4 ohms at 100Hz is bad, and showed me these.. I was surprised myself. Im planning on 2 BTLs so I was counting on 2 of the other amps listed, I want 2kw rms atleast on each. So the 4500D is perfect right? 2 ohms on the subs, 1ohm at the amp.

I'm curious who said 86% efficiency is bad.....maybe they have some 95+% efficienct amps, not.