dragonboy412002@yahoo.com

so ive been wrong about asking stuff please help me now with component

looking for a set of components still someone help me

i have an 2002 s-10

i have a pioneer head unit re sx ten inch sub and an usamps md1d amp. ill probably be using a kac-723 kenwood amp for the components.

not sure how far i would take it modification wise ill probably use mid bass in the regular spot and then tweeter in the a pillar or very top of door panal

budget for the components are about 250

im a beginner but my dad is alot better than me

ill probably be using mdf and fiberglass just depends on what works best

i listen to everything rap rock country dont matter

only had the coasixals

havent heard many components only at car shows a few years ago

no real goals just daily and need better speakers

it will be 2 way

been doing alot heard good things about focal re xxx rainbow boston infinity ummm cant think of anything else

not sure if this will put you any farther down the road but for what it is worth,

you said your new, so i am not sure if you are familar with these things,

the kick panel offer a good spot to add additional components and there might be a 'bolt-in' pod already made for your truck, i think q-forms are the name of one of the brands, if this works you can add components with ease without too many mods to the truck.

there are also horns that you can purchase for your mids, they can mount nicely under the dash of some makes without a lot of mods there also.

you have listed several nice brands...... problem is, you will find that it will come down too a personall taste. i have seen experianced auido guys disagree 180degrees about the same set. if you have any shops around or the opportunity to go to a sound off or even most car shows will sport a few decent installs, give em all a listen, remember the ones that stand out to you and perhaps zero in from there.........

i seem to think the sellinums(sp) are sweet, heard them a couple of times this summer, currently i am rocking three factory mids, fourth is blown, ha ha.

good luck, chop

thats what everyone says is personal taste. lol. umm closest shop is about an hours drive so thats kinda out of the question the other shop doesnt have any really set up at the shop. sound offs dont really have any down here nopi had a few but its out of question till they start back up. ive seen those kick panels dont really wanna do it unless id have to id rather cut out the hole in the door panel for a custom feel in it and then later add something like that if i wanted too. not sure about that horn thing do u have any sites or anything i could take alook at those?

Im running memphis comps, they're really good IMO

i will look in a few minutes, way too many windows open right now, lol.....

i guess with that info in mind of being limited on exposure and the budget being stated.......

take your top three, best likes, and best cost, and then apply this very scientifical application on determing the ones for you to "start" with....

any mini miny moe.......lol

sorry bud, but it is really a preferance thing, you are looking at high end brand, all of which have something good to offer to your front stage.

be back in a while,

chop

A pair of horns would be out of your budget, since they run around $250 and better (image dynamics has horns). Go to madisound.com or parts-express.com and check out mid-ranges, mid-bass or tweeters and go from there since you cant get a listen on anything. I use Eminence's and there good, a friend of mine uses Seleniums and they are good. So just search around and make a list of what your interested in then come back with some questions about those products.

Are you just looking for a component set or are you willing to buy seperate brands of speakers and doing an active system?

what is exactly would make it active or passive can you explain that too me please

Passive means you use the crossovers that come with a component set.

Active means you use an amplifier with crossovers inside of it (like a sundown amp has) and you power the components separately. you use a 4 channel amp, tweeters on 2 channels and the midbass driver on the other 2 channels.

Image Dynamics, Infinity, Focal, Rainbow and some others are good components (the brands I could think of off the top of my head). I know you said a shop is far away but at the end of the day it would really be beneficial and help you make a better decision. But just pick a good brand thats in your budget and roll with it because someone might want this from theirs front stage while you prefer something else (so someone's opinion may not be good). But if you want to know peoples opinions on components then find all the sets that you like while doing research and that are within your budget and post them, then we can go from there.

im thinking maybe about changing my mind and doing an active set up but ill need a new amp cause the one i have doesnt have a crossover. am i correct on this? and will active be better than passive?

Edited by bjballar41

Some head units can used for an active set-up also, check to see if your radio as the feature and if not then you will need an amp to do it. Active can sound like garbage when doing them since it takes time and a lot of tuning to get it to sound right. If you dont have the time and patience then passive is for you but if you dont mind working with the front stage till its to your liking then passive is for you. I got my sundown amp in beginning of august and still tuning the amp, every adjustment just gets me one step closer and sounding better.

and can a regular set of components be run as active? and im thinking about getting these components infinity kappa 60.9 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_13969_Infinity+Kappa+60.9cs.html

People usually dont run component sets in an active install, they usually buy a speaker from one brand and a tweeter from another brand and match them up. I think you just was to stay passive and should just pick out a set of components that are in your budget and a good brand since you dont want to drive to any shops to take a listen.

i can but id have to wait till all the roads arent flooded in ga ha. but even then i dont think the shop thats close to me sells speakers like that but who knows i could be wrong its been awhile since ive been out there. are those infinity speakers ok? ive heard mixed feelings about infinity. and if i buy a set of passive components and i dont like say the tweeters can i change them out for different ones and still use the mid and the crossover from the set?

Edited by bjballar41

i can but id have to wait till all the roads arent flooded in ga ha. but even then i dont think the shop thats close to me sells speakers like that but who knows i could be wrong its been awhile since ive been out there. are those infinity speakers ok? ive heard mixed feelings about infinity. and if i buy a set of passive components and i dont like say the tweeters can i change them out for different ones and still use the mid and the crossover from the set?

Usually the crossovers are built to the specs of the speakers used in that set, so it would be hard to find some tweeters of another brand to fit that set. You could use the mids if you like them with another set of tweeters and an amp or headunit that can be ran active. I love my Infinity's and many others I know do to, sometimes questions like what speakers should I run is hard for us to give you an answer since its preference based. Nobody knows what your preferences are in speakers and everybody wants something different (most people want an accurate and properly set up 2-way or 3-way setup on this forum and in car audio in general, while others are not to keen on accuracy and what not/ just want balls out loud highs and mids like me). Like I said either go find a shop to listen to some speakers or go to onlinecarstereo.com, woofersetc.com, sonicelectronix.com and find components in your price range and then list them and you would get better help and answers.

bump on this

I have been giving you all the information on these issue, now its just time to narrow down to the ones you pick (its up to you nobody can make the decision for you).