Sign in to follow this  
draggnwagon

OK DJ WHERE ARE THE PICTURES

Ok Dj whats up i've seen them somewhere else why not here? i'm not telling tho.

Yeah, :wtf: this is the official Sundown forum.

;)

Haven't had time yet -- I need to take a break at some point :) 14 hours @ the shop yesterday... and several hours today.

i should have went to dillon. did not know much about what was going on down there. truck was still loaded on the trailer. 2hrs away least could have maybe got a test run in before meca finals. may go to elite in spartanburg and talk them into letting me us the meter for a minute.

i should have went to dillon. did not know much about what was going on down there. truck was still loaded on the trailer. 2hrs away least could have maybe got a test run in before meca finals. may go to elite in spartanburg and talk them into letting me us the meter for a minute.

Yeah man you should have came. DJ showed up today to let us see it & get a quick demo.

still trying to figure why im not in the 140s yet. any ideas. the sub up port up. i have been told that the tune was to low also. the box is 1.5net tune at 35 with port area 24sqin. 24.5 long with a bend.

still trying to figure why im not in the 140s yet. any ideas. the sub up port up. i have been told that the tune was to low also. the box is 1.5net tune at 35 with port area 24sqin. 24.5 long with a bend.

We need to get together ,,,..and figure out whats up

Is your port like 2" x 12"? If so you need to make it more square. Skinny ports suck for spl. Depending on the exact port dimensions I'm figuring tuning is around 38hz. You need to make a rectangle shaped box with equal height and depth. Then use a single 6" aeroport to the driver's side. Test it out with the sub up then turn the box and test it with sub forward. I'm not familiar with the truck so I don't have a clue what to tune it to. You're gonna have to test, tune, re-test, & re-tune for that. For spl I would start out with a 40hz tune and work my way from there.

i've been told that the trucks like low to mid 40hz. im thinking of redoing it not sure if i can before finals. i like the areo ports but the price of a six is three times the four. running out of money. wonder if i could use some kind of pvc like you did? internal or external?

I haven't checked all the specs listed above but the 1st thing that stands out is you didn't account for sub displacement. Allow 0.25ft for a NightShade. What is your max height, depth, and width? You have the basic box shape right but go with external aeros towards the driver's side. Two 4" ports will work fine with the single 12". Might need to go with a little bigger box to get tuning where you want it though. I'm thinking something around 1.85ft with a pair of full 17" length 4" aeros. Tuning will be 44hz. PSP has a good aero port calculator on their website if you need help with actual tuning. http://www.psp-inc.com/tools.html

I will try that when i get back from finals. i have two 4s here in the shop. i sure thank you guys for the help. there is no way you could get this kind of service from any other company out there. when i can pick up the phone make one call and get all the answers i need.

LOL Its all in good fun man, down in nashville swing by my truck (Blue Ranger with Danger Ranger on the windshield) and we will give ya some tips on getting ext cabs loud :)

Sign in to follow this