loveeemachine

Box build for crown vic

Crown Victorias have some pretty big trunks, i drive one.

Heres a pictures

CrownVictory+025.jpg

Is there a way that i can place ONE piece of MDF and mount it somehow onto my trunk so i don't have to make a whole box.

Its my car so i can use up that space however i want, place it anywhere in the trunk.( dont' have to worry about groceries etc.)

I want to use 1 board, and the trunk itself to act as the rest of the box. Is that possible or will it be bad for my sub?

Any help in this area will help, just bought a SSD 15.

Or if you know any other simple ways to not have to go threw the trouble of making a box.

Edited by loveeemachine

Crown Victorias have some pretty big trunks, i drive one.

Heres a pictures

CrownVictory+025.jpg

Is there a way that i can place ONE piece of MDF and mount it somehow onto my trunk so i don't have to make a whole box.

Its my car so i can use up that space however i want, place it anywhere in the trunk.( dont' have to worry about groceries etc.)

I want to use 1 board, and the trunk itself to act as the rest of the box. Is that possible or will it be bad for my sub?

Any help in this area will help, just bought a SSD 15.

Or if you know any other simple ways to not have to go threw the trouble of making a box.

Glad you could join us.

Sounds like you want to do an IB enclosure in your Crown Vic.

Edited by jay-cee

The SSD will require a sealed or ported enclosure.

If you want an infinte baffle set up you should have gone with the IB series from Fi.

what are your goals anyhow?

wish you would have come to us before buying yout sub!

what are your goals anyhow?

wish you would have come to us before buying yout sub!

Sorry for not being specific enough, i drew this picture on paint to try and help illustrate what i'm going for. '

untitled-5.jpg

I want to put a board over the top of my trunk dip and place the sub into it.

Or possibly position the board elsewhere in my trunk so it will fit the neccasary space requirements needed for the box.

Assuming that the dip will not provide enough cubic feet needed i cuold possible place the sub this way..

bord.jpg

ALSO, if that were possible. Could this be used as a port. . sorry i'm putting another horrible ms paint picture up XD

thing.jpg

Okay, if all that would work. And i calulated all the space lenghts/heights/board(hypotenuse) specs for the box build, could i also just make an insert to fit into the hole i cut out for the port to what ever lengh i need it for the tune of the box.?

Sorry if i lost anybody . .

..whew..

(in the above picture,NOT my exact same car, my car is a police interceptor an the trunk dip appears to be bigger than that, the above car seems to be possibly an LX or grand marquis.)

Edited by loveeemachine

The SSD will require a sealed or ported enclosure.

If you want an infinte baffle set up you should have gone with the IB series from Fi.

Any driver will work in infinite baffle. It's just not ideal for all.

Anything is possible.

You can do that, but you have to make sure the front of the driver is totally sealed from the rear.

Not exactly the best place to put it either as everything you throw in your trunk is a possible demolition tool on the driver.

I'd advise against it in that spot. Even if you had that chamber sealed off airtight, the metal is just NOT thick enough to handle much and it'll sound like ass. Best bet is to build a box to roughly fit, then if you like cut something to finish/fit over the top to make it appear that way.

If you really really wanted to do any of those, you'd be into a few hundred bux worth of fiberglass to tighten and reinforce things. Very similar trunk to Lincoln Towncar (which I used to have). I did a similar thing with a LOT of fiberglass and wood, ended up doing bandpass ported through the rear deck. Was a HUGE project and worked fairly well. Not sure if I'd do it again if I had the same car though.

not what i ment by goals...

what i mean is... when you think about building your system what kinda AUDIO goals do you have inmind.

not what i ment by goals...

what i mean is... when you think about building your system what kinda AUDIO goals do you have inmind.

K i'll just make a box.

I want the most decibels possible out of the sub, without pushing the sub / amp too hard.

About how much RMS should i give it and for a really hard hitting bass, what should i tune the box to?

Thanks for all the help so far.