Sign in to follow this  
sandsnip3r

4 15"s Blowthrough box ideas

Ok, Which 15"s would you recommend for SPL in a Blowthrough?

First of all, the box options, there is a "3 Chamber, Single Reflex Bandpass" http://www.the12volt.com/12voltimages/bpass3cham.gif but i saw somewhere that when they are firing at each other, there will be much noise cancellation...

So what would be the other ways for a blowthrough?

But second, what sub would you recommend?

For a budget under $300 per sub which is the best spl sub out there that will work good in ^^ whichever box...? It will be as a daily driver, but just high spl levels.

Would sundown be best for power? For keeping a slightly low price?

The Sundown NS, IA DP, or Fi BL, or Mach5 SPL, etc. etc. Can't really give a best as there are too many factors.

Denim shows you the right direction . The ssa shop!!! Or Fi shop

You will be happy with all their "spl" subs!:)

But be careful of the box you build or buy.

What do you mean be careful of the box? That's kind of the topic in question right now...

BL's looking like what's going to happen, if i got them fully loaded, you think that i could run 4 off of 2 SAZ-3500Ds?

What electrical upgrades? I'm thinking a iraggi 140 amp, big 3, a yellow top under the hood, and 2 deka intimidators in the back. Do you think a single or double run of 1/0?

But again, About the box, in that sort of bandpass, are the subs firing at each other going to be a problem?

What do you mean be careful of the box? That's kind of the topic in question right now...

BL's looking like what's going to happen, if i got them fully loaded, you think that i could run 4 off of 2 SAZ-3500Ds?

What electrical upgrades? I'm thinking a iraggi 140 amp, big 3, a yellow top under the hood, and 2 deka intimidators in the back. Do you think a single or double run of 1/0?

But again, About the box, in that sort of bandpass, are the subs firing at each other going to be a problem?

If your gonna be running both of those amps at 1 ohm each, your gonna wanna beef up your electrical way more than what you have listed. Thats just about enough electrical for one of those amps.

If your gonna be running both of those amps at 1 ohm each, your gonna wanna beef up your electrical way more than what you have listed. Thats just about enough electrical for one of those amps.

oops, meant 240amp alternator

if i do a yellow top under the hood, how many batteries in the back and of which kind do you recommend?

A bigger alternator, a bigger starting battery and a lot of big ass batteries in the battery bank.

Lots of runs of 1/0gauge or bigger wire.

bigger alternator, i cant find one higher than that, bigger starter, isnt a yellow top bigger? How many runs of 1/0, how many of which battery in the back?

bigger alternator, i cant find one higher than that, bigger starter, isnt a yellow top bigger? How many runs of 1/0, how many of which battery in the back?

There is no set amount of runs, the more the merrier and will help out with voltage (this project sounds like it may be out of your league, why dont you step it down some until you get a better understanding of what you want to do).

A yellow top is bigger than what? Obviously not if I told you to get a better starting battery (try doing some research on battery companies: XS Power, Kinetik, Shuriken, Deka, Stinger, C&D Batteries just to name a few).

And in all acutallity 4 BL's would be fine with just one of those SAZ-3500D's or just get you a SAZ-4500D, no need for two of those amps. Rethink what you want to do.

ok, i had planned on originally doing the 4500

though what i do not know much about are batteries...

but yes, a yellowtop is better than my current battery

i know what i want to do, im here because i need some help figuring out how to do it right

ok, i had planned on originally doing the 4500

though what i do not know much about are batteries...

but yes, a yellowtop is better than my current battery

i know what i want to do, im here because i need some help figuring out how to do it right

Well stick with your original plan and get the SAZ-4500D and get the 240a alternator, yellow top for starting battery and probably 3 xs power d3100 batteries or 2 xs power d3100 batteries and a smaller xs power batter but thats my suggestion (may be to much but may not be enough, not a wize on high powered installs) but that should be a start.