Frostedflakejake

Fi btl 18 box design

So, i hate to be one of those bums that asks for help on designing a box. (help?? who am i kidding, i need full assistance) I have a Fi BTL 18 just sitting here teasing me while i earn my money for a refurbished SAZ 3000d. i thought as i was waiting, i might as well build the box. Space should not be an issue, i want this box to built for performance. It will be used for daily use. So my question is, what would you do? From my understandings, tuning at 32hz seems to be the mostly desired tuning frequency. Alternator and batteries are all taken care of, just down to the box. SO! if space was not an issue (cause its not! =] ), what would your box design be for a Fi BTL 18 with the hixm coil and cooling options for a kick butt daily driver?

and replies are greatly appreciated!!

Okay so i some advice an advisor gave another postee. so i will follow his advice.

I Listen to all kinds of music; and i say that honestly.

I just want really deep bass that can finally satisfy my bass need. Honestly, i have absolutely NO idea what this will sound like. My current system is pretty low performance and i've never heard a high performance system before. I probably wan't the box to be a little more aimed towards rap music.

here, if it helps at all, these are the 5 most listened artists on my itunes:

AC/DC

John Lee Hooker

Ludacris

Muddy Waters

Louis Armstrong

Like i said, i like my music diverse. I do study music and music theory quite a bit so that has alot to do with it. BUT, i do want this system to be mostly based towards rap and still obviously a high bass system in everything else, if that's at all possible.. thanks for the help all. If it wasn't for this site, i wouldn't have even ever got my BTL or the SAZ-3000d. I do plan to write a product review once all is hooked up.

The BTL is a dual 2 ohm, hi xm coil, cooling,

SAZ-3000d will be refurbished and pushing the 3000 watts at 1 ohm.

box request= 32 hz, cubic feet= whatever you think is best =]

Can you give an idea of maximum dimensions? For instance trunk w/ 20" height, or suburban where you still might want the box to be the width of the vehicle so you have some room, or at least so it's not 39" and your back is 49" wide.

Can you give an idea of maximum dimensions? For instance trunk w/ 20" height, or suburban where you still might want the box to be the width of the vehicle so you have some room, or at least so it's not 39" and your back is 49" wide.

well it's going into the back of probably an explorer sport. problem is i don't have the vehicle quite yet. I tried searching the web for some dimensions but i've failed miserably. So unofortunately i really can't give you any guesstimations of max dimensions. sorry!

oh, and nice Fi BTL 18 review =] it's what convinced me to purchase my own

well it's going into the back of probably an explorer sport. problem is i don't have the vehicle quite yet. I tried searching the web for some dimensions but i've failed miserably. So unofortunately i really can't give you any guesstimations of max dimensions. sorry!

Well Im sorry to kill your dreams but it will be hard to design a box without a vehicle, you should just wait that would be the smart thing.

Well Im sorry to kill your dreams but it will be hard to design a box without a vehicle, you should just wait that would be the smart thing.

Well, by tomorrow i will post dimensions. A kid at my school has an explorer sport (perhaps the one i will purchase). I will get measurements soon. thanks!