Sign in to follow this  
cosmo10292

best amp for 2 btl 18's

hi im going to be buying 2 of these beasts for my 79 gmc stepside. there going in the bed & ported of course because there is no way in hell there going to fit in the cab. im looking around for amps to power these subs and am wondering what rms @ what ohm to get. i need to know what ohms to purchase the 2 subs dual 1 or dual 2 and what kind of amp. i was thinking about audioque 2200d because fi says the 18's rms is 2000 watts. would two of these amps do the trick or should i look for something else? thanks

hi im going to be buying 2 of these beasts for my 79 gmc stepside. there going in the bed & ported of course because there is no way in hell there going to fit in the cab. im looking around for amps to power these subs and am wondering what rms @ what ohm to get. i need to know what ohms to purchase the 2 subs dual 1 or dual 2 and what kind of amp. i was thinking about audioque 2200d because fi says the 18's rms is 2000 watts. would two of these amps do the trick or should i look for something else? thanks

Since your asking this question I would stick with an amp around 2000rms, but here are your options:

2 BTL Dual 1 Ohms (one amp) - Wire each sub in series and then parallel them to a 1 ohm load to one amp(3000-4500rms @ 1 ohm)

2 BTL Dual 1 Ohms(two amps) - Wire each sub in series to a 2 ohm load to each amp (1500-2500rms @ 2 ohms)

2 BTL Dual 2 Ohms (one amp) - Wire each sub in series and then parallel them to a 2 ohm load to one amp(3000-4500rms @ 2 ohms)

2 BTL Dual 2 Ohms(two amps) - Wire each sub in series to a 1 ohm load to each amp (1500-2500rms @ 1 ohm)

Two Dual 1's On A Sundown SAZ-3.5kd Sounds Nice. (1 Ohm Load @ 3500RMS, Actual Output Will Depend On Your Electrical, Which Will Be Higher Since The Rated Voltage Is 12.6v, If You Have A Stout Enough Electrical System.)

Of Course I'm Running Only One SAZ-3.5kd To One BTL....For Now.

ok thanks for all the help Jay-cee. damn now im thinking about that sundown 3500D.. again haha thanks BigC 4 the suggestion

No problem at all man just glad I could help you but yeah that SAZ-3500D does sound nice, good luck. :drink40:

If you want to run something a little more efficient, you could run two of the new alpine mrp-m2000's. they push 2000watts at 2 ohm, and 1500 at 4 ohm. alpine is great quality, and the amps are a very friendly priced. woofersetc.com has them at 480, and onlinecarstereo has them at 550. I've bought a lot of product from both sites. although the 3500d is a great choice as well. just giving you another option.

Do you have the electrical for all this power? If so, why not the 4500D on those? It will do the trick and I know where you can find one a little cheaper...

Sign in to follow this