Sign in to follow this  
my97tbird

Help building the right box.

I have 2 12" DB Drives the model number is: PLW12D4. I would like to know what the total dimensions for a box should be like the inside area and the LxWxD should be? What should it be made out of? How the port should be and where the port should be? how many Hz should it be for the best possible SPL? Also, the box is going in a 1997 Ford Thunderbird. Right now I have the subs each wired to there own amp and the amps are Crunch Pzi1500.1 so are these amps good enough or should I look into buying a new amp, If so what amp? The subs are rated as follows: 2000 watts total power and 1000 Watts RMS. I don't think I am powering them to there full capacity. So any suggestions I would appreciate and thank you for your help and your time its greatly appreciated. Thanks again. Oh and one more thing you may or may not need to know is that I have a 200 amp alternator, a yellow top under the hood, a kinetic 800 in the trunk, and a 3.0 cap. and is the cap useless I have heard good and bad things about them. Also, is that enough power or do you think I need more or a bigger battery I don't have any problems now and it stays around like 13.9. Thanks again. I would show you a picture, but I don't know how to add them yet I would appreciate it if you could tell me how to do that to.

You need to give more info on your vehicle for us to help. By "Best possible SPL" do you mean a 50hz test tone? Or really loud music? Whats your max dimensions? Budget? Music preference?

Plus, you should burn your cap. It hurts more than it helps.