Sign in to follow this  
rps13joe

AA Assassin users

Just got a small question for you assassin users. how much wattage are you all feeding these woofers? im only giving it about 150watts and slapped it in my old JLW6 box and its decent but I was wondering if I would notice a large difference if I built a box to specs and gave it RMS wattage. let me hear your inputs thanks.

Well, generally building a box to specs is going to make a difference no matter what unless the box it is already in is right. What size sub is it, anyway?

I have to say this though. The answers to these questions are almost painfully obvious.

Btw, I just looked up the dimensions on the box, and the box is way too damn big. Like, twice the size that it should be. Under powering it wasn't such a bad idea, but I recommend getting a box that isn't twice as big and actually feeding it enough power. That's just a personal preference though.

I shoulda known lol, I got a 12 right now but im going to be downgrading to a 10 I got in my closet collecting dust. But this time imah build a new enclosure for it. maybe this coming weekend if anything.

What kind of music are you going to be playing through this sub, anyway?

You going to go sealed or ported?

I plan on going ported looking to build it to 1.5 cu ft after displacement tuned to 32hz

That's a little big for a 10" Assassin

you're right I just checked AA's site and yeah they reccomend 1.25 lol. back to the drawing board lol

Lol, what are your dimensions for trunk space?

I got a lot of room since its in a 98 4 door camry, my daily driver lol. So yeah I got quite a bit of room.

So why downgrade to the 10"?

just feel like keeping the most trunk space I can. im not going crazy with the bass in this car so imah down grade to the 10 especially since its still brand new. and I have a thing for 10's lol.

Ohh, well I say you go with 1.25 cubes before woofer displacement. I recommend going sealed a little more since it's a low power sub, but that's all up to you.

Ohh, well I say you go with 1.25 cubes before woofer displacement. I recommend going sealed a little more since it's a low power sub, but that's all up to you.

I went from selaed to 1.7 cuft gross ported for the 12 and what a difference. Scott and Nick both laughed at me when I told them I was still trialing the assassin in the sealed box. They recomended building a 1.8cuft box and tune it to about 30-32hz. It plays right down now really well but is just so musical with it, but not clinical like the old JLw6 used to be.

I'm feeding it about 300-400rms

Sign in to follow this