Not my choice, but this girl needs an amp that does 400 watts @ 2 ohms. List a few ideas for me.

Google.com,Yahoo.com, ping.com they all work pretty good. Ok done being a jackass, Just search for one on ebay or such, What is your budget?

Ahhhh do some research??.................

Try the SSA store there's like 3 just in that one spot that will work........... How much do you want to spend?

Jono

She doesn't want to spend any more than 200 for the amp.

Yeah, I found that one just now.

Sometimes searching on your own can be your friend you could of found an amp wituout even asking us.

sonicelectronix.com

onlinecarstereo.com

woofersetc.com

hifisoundconnection.com

ebay.com

just a few

Yeah, but I just wanted to get the opinion of a few different people.

Yeah, but I just wanted to get the opinion of a few different people.

Well if you would do a search and find some amps that fit in the budget and perfomance area your looking for and listing them, then we wouldnt mind giving you the best opinion. So find some amps and then we can go from there.

What do you think about the Soundstream Rubicon?

Well, here is everything I know.

It's powering an Audiobahn D. Jones 12" sub (I told her to sell it and get a good sub instead.)

It's a dual 4 ohm voice coil sub (200 watts/coil)

I'm going to rebuild the box (2.3 cubic feet after displacement) to have a slotted port tuned to 35 hz and get it out of the Q Logic enclosure.

It's going in a Honda Civic

The person who installed it did a terrible job and ran the remote wire straight from the battery to the amp, so now she has to take the fuse out every time she gets out of the car.

I don't know what amp is powering it, but I know that it does 100 watts RMS.

Well, here is everything I know.

It's powering an Audiobahn D. Jones 12" sub (I told her to sell it and get a good sub instead.)

It's a dual 4 ohm voice coil sub (200 watts/coil)

I'm going to rebuild the box (2.3 cubic feet after displacement) to have a slotted port tuned to 35 hz and get it out of the Q Logic enclosure.

It's going in a Honda Civic

The person who installed it did a terrible job and ran the remote wire straight from the battery to the amp, so now she has to take the fuse out every time she gets out of the car.

I don't know what amp is powering it, but I know that it does 100 watts RMS.

First things first redo her remote start wire asap so she doesnt have to go through that everytime she gets out the car. Second of all, for amp with low power just get one that fits your budget, and a good company so its reliable (thats the only opinion thats best). Good luck.

Yeah, that was what I was wondering. Is Soundstream a good company?

Yeah, that was what I was wondering. Is Soundstream a good company?

Yeah Soundstream is a good company.

Alright. I'll post pics of this build even though I'm not putting much into it since it's basically charity work.

Alright. I'll post pics of this build even though I'm not putting much into it since it's basically charity work.

fing05.gif:woot:

So have you decided on which amp you will be using and did you get this girl to change her mind on the sub as well? One of Jacobs 8's would be better than the Audiobahn.

So have you decided on which amp you will be using and did you get this girl to change her mind on the sub as well? One of Jacobs 8's would be better than the Audiobahn.

Yeah, I decided on the Soundstream 400.1, but I couldn't talk her into selling that turd she has and getting something good. I couldn't even talk her into a Fi SSD 12"

Got talked out of it by the person who installed the system she has now. I'm not sure how that happened :shrug: