Sign in to follow this  
jaemitch

Need enclosure help!!

In a couple of months im gettin a couple of DP 21s. my port will be the width of the box, and as i was desiging i noticed that the braces will have to run in front of the port and i dont want that to mess up my deeeebeeeeezzzz so i thought if i double up all the way around and brace the port would that surfice? thanks for reading!!

Your sketchup drawing does not depict where the port will be, but I think I understand you correctly. In my opinion I would not use 2 x 4's inside of my box, but rather I would use a series of 1.25" round wooden dowels for the bracing. I cannot scientifically say what kind of turbulence there might be in using 2 x 4's, but if you use dowels I can pretty much guarantee that the turbulence on those is far less than a 2 x 4. I am making this recommendation due to the fact that you seem quite concerned with preservation of the Db's. If a few tenths or so will not affect your decision making then you should probably be fine with what you have spec'd out.

Brandon

thanks for the reply never thought about using dowels cux the last time i used them they didnt work to good lol. bit in this application they may work better!! thanks bro