Sign in to follow this  
The enD

Can linked amplifiers connected so they make 0.5ohm

I have seen linked amplifiers, when connected both 1ohm by 1ohm make 2ohm. But is it possible to connect it parallel so both make 1x1=0.5ohm load at the end?

Thanks.

I have seen linked amplifiers, when connected both 1ohm by 1ohm make 2ohm. But is it possible to connect it parallel so both make 1x1=0.5ohm load at the end?

Thanks.

I believe each amplifier would be running @ .25 ohms at that point and generally is bad. Thats almost a dead short after all. I would not suggest it on any amp.

I was thinking about > buy one Nightshade 2x2 - 1 ohm and maybe one saz 2000d.

Then after I get some more money, buy a second NS for a total 0.5 for the saz 200d. Then after more money come, buy one more saz 2000, link it to the first one and both make again 0.5ohms pushing the two NS?

Edited by The enD

I was thinking about > buy one Nightshade 2x2 - 1 ohm and maybe one saz 2000d.

Then after I get some more money, buy a second NS for a total 0.5 for the saz 200d. Then after more money come, buy one more saz 2000, link it to the first one and both make again 0.5ohms pushing the two NS?

No. buy dual 1 ohm, and run the first NS at 2 ohm then buy another dual 1, and another 2000D and link @ 2ohms for the full 4000+rms

Why not - buy one NS 1x1 for 0.5 and a saz 2000. Then another NS (1x1) for total 1ohm for the single saz. Then another saz 2000 for each NightShade at 0.5 ohm... without linking.

Why not - buy one NS 1x1 for 0.5 and a saz 2000. Then another NS (1x1) for total 1ohm for the single saz. Then another saz 2000 for each NightShade at 0.5 ohm... without linking.

The warranty is void on Sundown amplifiers if you run it at at .5ohm

Why do you have to run it at .5ohm? You gain very little, ESPECIALLY if you aren't competing. You most likely wont hear the difference.

The Nightshades are only rated for 1500rms anyway.

Edited by DeepSubBoy

Everything will be second hand and maybe no warranty. And I am from Bulgaria so again no warranty...

I don't know I think @ 0.5 would put out more power :)

Everything will be second hand and maybe no warranty. And I am from Bulgaria so again no warranty...

I don't know I think @ 0.5 would put out more power smile.gif

Dude, You wouldn't gain anything by running it at .5ohm, unless you are competing, because you wont hear the difference.

More power more dB'zz... how couldn't I hear it ? And good numbers are always welcome.

More power more dB'zz... how couldn't I hear it ? And good numbers are always welcome.

You need to DOUBLE your power to gain 3db. thats BARELY noticable. BARELY. to double in volume you need to gain 10dB

what is going on here?

0.5 ohm load = No warrenty PLUS double the current flow so double the heat which will promot amp failure (not double the heat but you get the idea). also for a daily setup 1 or 2ohm is ideal.

if you are planning on running 2 subs and want a daily setup just get d2 subs and get 2 saz2000 and wire them to a 2ohm load (1ohm load each per amp)

if you are planning on running 2 subs and want a spl setup just get d1 subs and get 2 saz2000 and wire them to a 1ohm load (0.5ohm per amp) and only play it for short amouts of time.

OR

just get a 4500 or 3500 and run it at 1ohm load and get a pair of d1 subs (to get a 1ohm load)

and if you double the cone and the power you will see a 6db gain compared to 1 15inch and 2krms! (in theory)

also don't forget the electrical side of things, you need like 2 batteries at least with a nice alt! (90+ ah)

Edited by CrazyKenKid

what is going on here?

0.5 ohm load = No warrenty PLUS double the current flow so double the heat which will promot amp failure (not double the heat but you get the idea). also for a daily setup 1 or 2ohm is ideal.

if you are planning on running 2 subs and want a daily setup just get d2 subs and get 2 saz2000 and wire them to a 2ohm load (1ohm load each per amp)

if you are planning on running 2 subs and want a spl setup just get d1 subs and get 2 saz2000 and wire them to a 1ohm load (0.5ohm per amp) and only play it for short amouts of time.

OR

just get a 4500 or 3500 and run it at 1ohm load and get a pair of d1 subs (to get a 1ohm load)

and if you double the cone and the power you will see a 6db gain compared to 1 15inch and 2krms! (in theory)

also don't forget the electrical side of things, you need like 2 batteries at least with a nice alt! (90+ ah)

Nicely said.

If your gonna go against what everyone is saying then do it how you want to (why did you even ask if your gonna argue with us) and run strapped amps at .5ohms and see how long it last you while being a strain on your electrical and not producing to much more power (which wont be noticed to ear and barely by mic on TL Meter).

Look man, I don't mean to be a dick about it, I just don't want you to buy some awesome (and expensive) stuff, and burn it out. Trust me, 2krms per 15" is going to murder your ears in a good box. The NS's are only rated for 1500wrms anyway. Try one 3000D or 3500D to keep it simple. Just order d1's and wire it at 1ohm.

Edited by DeepSubBoy

Okey then. No 0.5 ohms :)

So... one NS 18" dual 2 and a SaZ 1500D@1ohm should do the work fine.. I think.

Thank for the comments.

Thank for the comments.

Yeah that should do justice in whatever your gonna put that in.

Thank for the comments.

The woofer is rated at "1500" rms yes, but that is VERY conservative. Just to protect the woofer and keep it playing forever.

Since your looking for loud, you could easily do a 2000 or even a 3500 on a single NS. Yes, doing this you risk blowing the woofer if your not careful, but re-cones are cheap, and you would head a huge difference from a 1500 to a 3500.

Okey then. No 0.5 ohms smile.gif

Thank for the comments.

Hey what happened to (2) NS 15's? That would be louder, due to surface area.

Okey then. No 0.5 ohms smile.gif

Thank for the comments.

Hey what happened to (2) NS 15's? That would be louder, due to surface area.

First one NS 18", then a second one(again 18). The car- maybe Toyota Celica T20. Subs on a wall. 34-35Hz.

I've red that people play this babes with lots of power like 3000D or 3500D, but first I have to take care of the electric so there is lots of power and no clipping.

Too bad I am from Bulgaria and shipping will be kind a hard... Small steps for a big build. I'll see if Jacob from SA can hook me up with something cheaper. :)