MitaG3

Ma audio HK4000D

Hello. I have 1 15" Fi BTL for now and I was looking at getting another in the future. I found a pretty good deal on an Ma audio HK4000D. My electrical will have the Big 3 done and I have 1 Kinetic 1400 battery but also soon to be at least one more. Would this amp be worth the money to push 2 15" Btl's daily (Rap) to their full potential or is it overrated?

Hello. I have 1 15" Fi BTL for now and I was looking at getting another in the future. I found a pretty good deal on an Ma audio HK4000D. My electrical will have the Big 3 done and I have 1 Kinetic 1400 battery but also soon to be at least one more. Would this amp be worth the money to push 2 15" Btl's daily (Rap) to their full potential or is it overrated?

No such thing as underpowering, and "full potential" is too broad a term. Potential for what? Music? Comp?

More details. No help can be provided til then.

Is your BTL D1 or D2?

Edited by DeepSubBoy

the MA amp isn't over-rated if your running 17volts on a 12v system I could only get about 2800watts outta mine running 1 ohm.

*You'll need more battery than you've listed to power this amp for daily pounding. I cannot remember exactly how un-efficient they are but they're down around 65% (most amps are in the 80's)---the poor eff. is at 12v.

my P1500's strapped did more power than the 4000 (600watts more).. Personally I'd stay away from the amp.. not that they're junk... there's just better options.

the MA amp isn't over-rated if your running 17volts on a 12v system I could only get about 2800watts outta mine running 1 ohm.

*You'll need more battery than you've listed to power this amp for daily pounding. I cannot remember exactly how un-efficient they are but they're down around 65% (most amps are in the 80's)---the poor eff. is at 12v.

my P1500's strapped did more power than the 4000 (600watts more).. Personally I'd stay away from the amp.. not that they're junk... there's just better options.

alright thank you. That's the kind of response I was looking for

I had one of those amps modded, dropped it down to .5 ohms with a Kinetik 2400 and an 1800 and was still getting less than 2800 watts on a burp. I bought an Orion 2500d and that one puts out a lot more power than the MA HK4000D.