Sign in to follow this  
madmax

2009 ford focus system

Hi im looking for input on what I should put in my car for a system. I have a 2009 ford focus ses 4dr with sync so I will be using an req signal restorer. Right now i have a pair of focal access 570ca1's which will be going in the back doors then most likely a set of components for the fronts. I want a system that can really hit the lows. I have been looking at several subs like rockford 12t2d2 or a jl 13 w7 but cant decide between either or if I should just go with something like a 12 fi bl. I am looking at all these subs because they all have an rms of around 1000 watts and I dont think my car will be able to keep up with much more than a 2 channel and a 1000 watt mono. I will probably be looking at using either jl or rockford amps.

Hi im looking for input on what I should put in my car for a system. I have a 2009 ford focus ses 4dr with sync so I will be using an req signal restorer. Right now i have a pair of focal access 570ca1's which will be going in the back doors then most likely a set of components for the fronts. I want a system that can really hit the lows. I have been looking at several subs like rockford 12t2d2 or a jl 13 w7 but cant decide between either or if I should just go with something like a 12 fi bl. I am looking at all these subs because they all have an rms of around 1000 watts and I dont think my car will be able to keep up with much more than a 2 channel and a 1000 watt mono. I will probably be looking at using either jl or rockford amps.

If you came here, why dont you give the SSA store a look? You can find a lot of companies in the manufacturers section also that have great subs and amps. Give the mainstream a break for a while.

Personally your car will not be able to handle that much power unless you make some kind of electrical upgrades. What is your budget?

If you came here, why dont you give the SSA store a look? You can find a lot of companies in the manufacturers section also that have great subs and amps. Give the mainstream a break for a while.

I was kind of looking at going steg amps they seem pretty nice but havent seen them used very much.

I am prepared to do a big 3 maybe add a red top up front in factory spot and an xs power or stinger battery in back but as for an alternator I cant find one for an 09 any suggestions? As for a budget im not sure as i work at a shop but im prepared to venture off and go non mainstream in search of something new.

Edited by madmax

I was kind of looking at going steg amps they seem pretty nice but havent seen them used very much.

Never heard of them before but they boast a .25 and .50ohm specs for their master stroke amps. Sounds tough.

I am prepared to do a big 3 maybe add a red top up front in factory spot and an xs power or stinger battery in back but as for an alternator I cant find one for an 09 any suggestions? As for a budget im not sure as i work at a shop but im prepared to venture off and go non mainstream in search of something new.

Regardless if you work at a shop and you can get a deal, you should still have budget on how much you want to spend on a 12" subwoofer (it doesnt have to be exact but a price range) so we know what direction to take this.

ya they are supposedly a less known company that is geared towards high quality and power. the only places ive really ever seen the amps used are with focal audio stuff as i beleive they have the same distributor.

Alrite a budget im probably going to be looking at around $1500 to $2000 (preferibly more towards 1500) as i dont want to spend to much money on it for my first system but I think deal or no deal I can get good stuff for that price range.

Alrite a budget im probably going to be looking at around $1500 to $2000 (preferibly more towards 1500) as i dont want to spend to much money on it for my first system but I think deal or no deal I can get good stuff for that price range.

You can get stuff for way cheaper than that on here:

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/categories/Package-Deals/.

If not interested in any of those package deals then look for individual things on the store site and make your own package. Those Steg amps dont look to special and only one amp is .5ohm stable, but never messed with one so I cant give any experience on how they perform.

the ssa icon 12 looks like it mite be the sub ive been looking for but first i need to figure out my whole power ordeal and what i should do or if i should look for a lower power sub and amp? My alt is most likely only about 90 amps im not for sure though.

the ssa icon 12 looks like it mite be the sub ive been looking for but first i need to figure out my whole power ordeal and what i should do or if i should look for a lower power sub and amp? My alt is most likely only about 90 amps im not for sure though.

Just do the Big 3, get some good batteries(primary and secondary) and you will be okay till your able to find a better alternator. Just because some sites dont have one listed for your car doesnt mean that dont have one for you (just call them and see, thats the best way to find out). Just my .02

Alrite ya i may be able to just get by for now as i dont plan to keep this long in 2 or 3 years i will probably be switching to a truck or suv as sometimes i need to tow and cant with this car. Then it will be a whole new deal when i get a truck. What kind of amps would you recommend? gotta go to school and talk with my buddy but we might be purchasing some subs real soon hopefully.

Edited by madmax

Take a serious look at the ssa combos : ssa sub + Sundown amp. you will love them.

If you're planning to have an suv soon and/or to upgrade your electrical system, you can try the xcon combo with a 1500 watts Sundown amp.

With your stock electrical system (and the big3) you can easily run a 1000 w amp an a 2ch amp for a set of comps. It is what I use, and even if I have voltage drops with a/c on, I don't really care. It's not a problem!

You can also sell the Focal you have for rear speakers : you won't be able to hear them with your bass, and they won't sound as good as your front speakers (I hope so !!!).

just my 02 cts.

ya im not sure when i will get a truck and if its even gonna be a pickup or an suv. So what could a person compare a ssa icon to in terms of how loud they can get in a ported box? What have people seen for numbers with just one sub?

ya im not sure when i will get a truck and if its even gonna be a pickup or an suv. So what could a person compare a ssa icon to in terms of how loud they can get in a ported box? What have people seen for numbers with just one sub?

All that depends on vehicle, install and how good the box is. Nobody can really tell you its all install dependent but they do get loud from my understandning, you wont be upset with them. Check out Sound Solutions Audio thread and read reviews on them.

ok that works ya when i said that i kind of thought duh its kind of hard to compare i just want something that gets loud without falling out you could say on some low notes and being able to play them halfway decent because the w7s cant really the rf t2s can thats why i was leaning towards rf more. thanks for the help i appreciate it.

from what i have heard, xcons love the lows, the fi q pound the hell out of the lows (i had one) the nightshade tears up the lows, there are alot of subs that murder the lows on here, just gotta look around. idk much about ascendant audio but ik they have quality stuff. and im pretty sure ur car can handle 1500 watts. i have an older focus with stock electrical and the big 3 and im running a 1600 watt hifonics amp set at 1500 watts to a 18" nightshade, and my lights barely dim.

from what i have heard, xcons love the lows, the fi q pound the hell out of the lows (i had one) the nightshade tears up the lows, there are alot of subs that murder the lows on here, just gotta look around. idk much about ascendant audio but ik they have quality stuff. and im pretty sure ur car can handle 1500 watts. i have an older focus with stock electrical and the big 3 and im running a 1600 watt hifonics amp set at 1500 watts to a 18" nightshade, and my lights barely dim.

Really you dont have a dimming problem at that much what do you think i could squeeze in that tiny trunk of my car a 15 at biggest probably depending on the box size needed? I really like rockfords amps and really like re and fi subs just torn about what to go with or to go down a totally differant road with a sub.

I wouldnt do Rockford for amps because they are power hungry. Just my .02

honestly i would probably go with 2 12"s, i dont know exactly how big ur trunk is, but im pretty sure u can fit 2 12's in there. also, i would run them off of something like an saz1500d depending on what you get, or u could check out the presale on the sae1200d.

as for the battery.. is there a reason you want a red top? if your going with optima go with a yellow or blue. blues and yellows are the same. except for the terminals.

not really mostly just for the fact that if it ever goes dead they can be hard to recharge but the redtop can have the same problem i suppose even though its not deep cycle.

honestly i would probably go with 2 12"s, i dont know exactly how big ur trunk is, but im pretty sure u can fit 2 12's in there. also, i would run them off of something like an saz1500d depending on what you get, or u could check out the presale on the sae1200d.

What kind of 12 did you think? I have about 39 inches of width 17 in height and max depth is 23 up top and 30 on bottom i beleive.