stevemead08

fi questions

Hey guys i have a 2009 silverado crew cab. i asked a few weeks ago how to get more bass out of my truck a few of you guys suggested raising my seats to accomadate larger subs and enclosure. that being said i raised my seats 4 inches. i now 3.8 cubes before any displacments. my questions are im looking for the best spl but i dont think ill have enough space for two 12 btls if i port the box. the box is 55 inches long and a port is gonna take too much space. the subs will be firing down into fatmat so i dont think im gonna hear much "music" out of them. any suggestions? thanks

spelled differant. but yeah i get that alot in the audio world.

Hey guys i have a 2009 silverado crew cab. i asked a few weeks ago how to get more bass out of my truck a few of you guys suggested raising my seats to accomadate larger subs and enclosure. that being said i raised my seats 4 inches. i now 3.8 cubes before any displacments. my questions are im looking for the best spl but i dont think ill have enough space for two 12 btls if i port the box. the box is 55 inches long and a port is gonna take too much space. the subs will be firing down into fatmat so i dont think im gonna hear much "music" out of them. any suggestions? thanks

No, not enough for two 12" BTLs. Only one with the aforementioned volume.

Instead of downfiring into the deadener, wouldnt it be better to fire agaisnt mdf or plywood perhaps?

does ur truck have a split backseat? if so, why dont u just take one side out and build a nice sized box in that section, and then still be able to have people sit on the other side?

does ur truck have a split backseat? if so, why dont u just take one side out and build a nice sized box in that section, and then still be able to have people sit on the other side?

He wants to keep all four seats in the truck. This is why he has raised his seat level to accommodate for more space without sacrificing seats.

OK so to get enough room under the seats to have bl 12s firing down. i had to raise my seats about 7.5 inches. completely un-reasonable!!! So what i did is cut the 3 inch legs off the box and made the recess for the "tunnel/ hump" in the middle of the floor and made the box to fire up. my question is how far is the sub going to jump when the bass hits. is the x-max the mechanical limit? so if the x-max is 27mm thats approx 1 inch. if i recessed the subs about one inch and put some sort of grill over them would that suffice to protect them? i understand firing them into seat bottoms is pretty inefficient but i plan to have the seats flipped up when bumping but also have them protected if i have someones in the back?

New thought. i have 9 inches depth and 16 width. with 3.8 cubes before port. how would a single 15 work in that space? just an idea.

overall dims are 55 long 16 wide and 11 high in the front and 9 in the back. all are outside dims. thanks

overall dims are 55 long 16 wide and 11 high in the front and 9 in the back. all are outside dims. thanks

I have had 3 crew cab silverados

I will be going 1 12" BL ported, firing up and throwing a sundown 1200d to it

My past system was 2 12s in a sealed box firing up but probably only getting .7cu ft per sub. with a RF Power 800a2 running it and it wasnt too bad, but this 1 12" BL ported should be way better

How did you raise your seat so high? Got pics? Im curious cause the only thing I know how to do is put about 1" of washers on the bolts lol

I have had 3 crew cab silverados

I will be going 1 12" BL ported, firing up and throwing a sundown 1200d to it

My past system was 2 12s in a sealed box firing up but probably only getting .7cu ft per sub. with a RF Power 800a2 running it and it wasnt too bad, but this 1 12" BL ported should be way better

How did you raise your seat so high? Got pics? Im curious cause the only thing I know how to do is put about 1" of washers on the bolts lol

12x1.75 mm nut couplers and 12x1.75 all thread. i dont have the seats mounted down yet still working on final box design. that will determine exactly how high the seat is going to rest. www.fastenermart.com if your going that route. the good thing about this set up is its all adjustable