Sign in to follow this  
loondizie52

first home audio project

im gonna start a home audio setup for my room and im gonna make my own boxes for it. so far im looking into the emminence alpha 6.5 midranges on p/e. idk where to go from there as to idk which crossover to pick for which tweets. these are gonna be ran off my JVC 5.1 reciever. im gonna be running a separate deal for my sub setup. im looking for a good 12 or 15. im pondering the idea of using my 18 inch ssd. so far im looking at using the dayton 500 rms plate amp off p/e as well. im gonna be using this as a movie and music setup, but mostly music. any recs on box as far as ported or sealed are appreciated. im mostly looking for advice on the crossovers for the speakers.

You should pm Jay Cee. He has Eminence Alpha for sale right now.

Good looking, I just sent him a pm.

You can buy the prebuilt xovers if you want but its best to build them from scratch since those are generic crossovers, best to build for exactly what you are building. The tweeter, well dome tweets rovide wid dispersion. cone tweets are just cheap, horns, well, unless you are klipsch and have been doing horns for a while, i would suggest that for more of the experts since you can encounter horn honk and what not.