Have mb quart component speakers (front stage) w/ external crossovers. My head unit powered these front speakers. Standard install, the speaker wire from my crossovers were spliced into my harness. i clipped the speaker wire. For testing purposes only i spliced more speaker wire to run back to my amp. I put the right speaker in the right channel and the left etc. Pulled out my head unit, and setup my rca's and ran them to the amp. Tested both sets of rca's in teh back of my head unit and no workie. Power and ground was simple, I already had a distro block and T connector for my ground. I daisey chained the remote turn on from my sub amp to the eclipse 2 channel. Amp powers on with no fault lights with the ignition, and turns off with the ignition. The amp is on hi-pass. I dont think power or ground is the issue, it must be with how i wired the speaker cable. Any suggestions? Sorry for the novel.

Tested both sets of rca's in teh back of my head unit and no workie

How did You test... this worries me...

-nick

Tested both sets of rca's in teh back of my head unit and no workie

How did You test... this worries me...

-nick

i turned off the head unit and switched rca's then turned it back on...

Interesting...

so the Inputs on the pcb of the amp could be bad...

or the outputs on the HU could be bad...

or the patch cables could be bad...

Do You have ANY other source that You could use to test the cables & amp? A home audio reciever is convenient...

Do have any other amps that You could use to test the HU?

Interesting...

Do You have ANY other source that You could use to test the cables & amp? A home audio reciever is convenient...

I have a crappy sony reciever, the ones you buy in the home theatre system kits. i can get my hands on a lanzar 2 channel to test tho. ill try that and see what happens.

is it ok that i just clipped the speaker cable on the harness splice extra cable and run it back to the amp?

Interesting...

I have a crappy sony reciever, the ones you buy in the home theatre system kits. i can get my hands on a lanzar 2 channel to test tho. ill try that and see what happens.

is it ok that i just clipped the speaker cable on the harness splice extra cable and run it back to the amp?

It is OK as long as it is no longer hooked up to the headunit on the other end.

I'm confused.... What did you run more speaker wire to the amp for from the HU?

I think:

He cut the leads from the HU.

Spliced the stock speaker leads to the amp.

At least, I hope so. LoL

I see now. I thought he meant he used the speaker cables as RCA leads.

ah... i see what You mean. could be... prolly not a great idea with out a line driver.

wait and see I suppose... Lol

ok ok i found out what the hell happened. lol its retarded. 2 speaker cables coming from underneath the carpet were spliced into the front speaker harness wires. i assumed these were the correct wires since the input of my crossover used the same cable (and the fact it was spliced into my harness). after alot of pucking around with different amps, patch cables and crap and still no go, i wired back up the front factory speaker wires on the harness without those two speaker wires and i magically had sound from my fronts. :Doh: turns out that my speakers are still using the factory wiring from the harness through the doors, spliced behind my midbass driver to the monster cable which connects to the input on the harness. you may ask about those two speaker cables spliced into the harness right? they were run to my trunk for some reason!

this saturday im going to rewire my car and tune my front stage. sweet!