Sign in to follow this  
stevemead08

2)12"bls or 4) 10"qs ?

I have a 3.5 cube box in my truck. i was wondering your thoughts. what would be louder? i can only mount the 12s down fire but i can mount the 10 into the cab? ant thought? thanks subs ran of a saz1500 for now

I have a 3.5 cube box in my truck. i was wondering your thoughts. what would be louder? i can only mount the 12s down fire but i can mount the 10 into the cab? ant thought? thanks subs ran of a saz1500 for now

The 4 10s have more surface area than the 2 12s, but the BLs are more sensitive than the qs. Is 3.5 all you can fit? Don't try and cram more subs into a small space because one sub in a properly sized and tuned enclosure will sound twice as good, (and can even be louder) than two subs of the same size in an inadequate enclosure/and or enclosures.

What are you looking to do amp wise for the future? If anything.

If adding a second 1500 or anything in the 2000-3000 W range, Id look to running 4 SSD10s with copper coils. (4) 10s have about 30% more cone area than a pair of 12s... equates to more output.

Thanks,

Scott

Hey Scott whats up? I have a few questions for you on a design that i am putting together. I emailed a few times 2-3 weeks back but didnt get a response as yet. Is there any other form of contact? I tried to PM you but it didnt work. Hit me back when you get a chance. Thanks

Sign in to follow this