Sign in to follow this  
bigl1971

Need a little help picking the right subwoofers

Hello all,

I have a 1999 GMC Yukon that I use on weekends to travel to sporting clays shoots. This truck will never be used in a Audio competition just two semi deaf old guys(36 an 38) like to play it loud. The current system is:

Subwoofers and speakers

1 JL 18w3

2 Jl 10w0s

4 Infinity 6.5s

Amps

Kenwood 9104D (powering the 18)

Alpine MRP-M500 (powering the 10s)

Alpine MRP-F300 (powering the 6.5s)

Other

Two batteries

high output alternator

"big 3"

This "system" does okay but we are getting a little bored with it. I have a second Kenwood 9104d (900 watt rms at 2ohm limited to 900watt at 1ohm from what little research I have done these amps really do around 700 watts.) I would like to use both Kenwood amps to drive a pair of FI 18s. I have 24X24X48 to play with for an enclosure. What Fi subs with what options do you guys recommend for my set up?

Thanks in advance

Lance

Edited by L. Alexander

With that kind of power I would look to the SSD line. Standard versions with the copper coil option would work well.

Space wise you are on the small end of things... but at 13.6 cuft before port and driver, I would think that a common chamber setup with subs and ports up (to keep guns and other stuff off of them) would work fine. Looking like subs in middle with port on either end measuring 22.5" X 2.5" wide and 17" long. While smaller than we normally recommend port area wise you should be fine if you radius the inner and outer edges of the port to reduce air flow noise. Set subsonic filters around 26-27Hz and it should play plenty deep/low yet still have solid impact on the upper end of things.

Give the clays hell :)

Thanks,

Scott

Sign in to follow this