Sign in to follow this  
randeez

makin the switch (soon)

alright guys, how ya all doing... i've been out of car audio for a while now ,kid>car audio, kids getting a little older now so i get to start buyin my own toys again....

from my last "build" about 3 or 4 years ago...i've got two mmats p3 15s and an older mmats d200hc for sub'age, a mmats 6/4/1 3-way comp set running off an older soundstream vga400.2 , and a mmats 5/1 2 way comp set not sure if i'm going to use or not yet> probably not, might just power the 3way set more

my little project truck is a 92 chevy 1500 reg cab, short bed. right now it has the 3way set and a single 15 in a pretty hacked together center console.

picked up a tonneau cover a few weeks ago, found the boot locally pretty cheap, so i think i'm going to build a box for the xcons (blow through), which if i hadn't blown all my money on xmas already and just put it off till the last minute LIKE I USUALLY DO i would have taken advantage of the weekend sale> anyhow for now i'll just drop the two 15s i've got in and let em bump for a few months

sooo onto the box, even though i'm cutting this thing up , i would like to keep some bed room trying to keep it in front of the tubs, i've only been messing with sketch up for a little bit so it's , obviously, not showing material thickness, but outside dimensions would be 58w by 15.5h by 25d, 14x8x33 port... and i searched around and couldn't find anything on port area- it should be about 10.7 internal, minus port, woofers,45s, bracing should be close to 8cubes, tuned @ 30hz, and i may try to kerf the port, and place the speakers differently, but ya get the idea...soo if i completely messed somethin up lemme know> and it will probably be made of birch, bed stays about 99% dry

2xcon.jpg

Welcome to SSA, glad you are going for the Xcon's. Not considering wood thickness in your drawing, you look to have enough port area. :fing34:

Glad you could join us :wavey5: