Sign in to follow this  
Rozon420

How to sync two different amps

i have 1 premier prs 3000 and a clarion dpx11500 both are ran at 2 ohm and wqas just wondering the best way to sync them as my box comon chamber.

nobody here will recommend using 2 different brands and power rated amps for your subs...

Because of this, there is no way of syncing them together. You must do so with an oscope or match the voltage output on both with a DMM.

nobody here will recommend using 2 different brands and power rated amps for your subs...

Because of this, there is no way of syncing them together. You must do so with an oscope or match the voltage output on both with a DMM.

would you be able to tell me how to do this please. as i have access to an oscope but dont know how to use it lol.

if it's autoranging then all u gotta do is connect the positive probe to positive speaker terminal and negative probe to negative speaker terminal and just increase the gain on the amp until the wave clips on the scope.

IF it's not autoranging, then you will need to "zoom out" until the graph stops going off the screen.

Basically this is what you do-

Set head uit to 3\4 of the way up, flatten all boosts, bass settings, EQ everything to 0 or off.

Turn bass boost off on amp as well and keep gain turned all the way down. LPF should be all the way up and subsonic all the way down.

download a 50hz tone from my sig at the bottom.

Start to play this tone. While the scope is connected, gradually increase the gain until wave flattens at top and bottom(make sure the graph isn't larger than the screen because if it is, u gotta zoom out)

Once u reach this point, turn it back down just a hair so it stops clipping.

Do the same thing to the other amp.

Once the other amp is done, go back to the first amp and remeasure it and adjust gain if necessary and same to the 2nd amp again.

Now u can set your low pass filter and your subsonic filter before playing music.

when playing music, you may be able to turn it up a couple to a few clicks above what u just set the head unit's volume at because the test tones i provide are VERY loud. Music isn't recorded this loud to put it simply.

Example- my head unit goes up to 35, i set my settings at 27 and play music on 31. You can go a little past it when playing music but test tones and some bass tracks, keep it at 27 for long term use for this example.

if it's autoranging then all u gotta do is connect the positive probe to positive speaker terminal and negative probe to negative speaker terminal and just increase the gain on the amp until the wave clips on the scope.

IF it's not autoranging, then you will need to "zoom out" until the graph stops going off the screen.

Basically this is what you do-

Set head uit to 3\4 of the way up, flatten all boosts, bass settings, EQ everything to 0 or off.

Turn bass boost off on amp as well and keep gain turned all the way down. LPF should be all the way up and subsonic all the way down.

download a 50hz tone from my sig at the bottom.

Start to play this tone. While the scope is connected, gradually increase the gain until wave flattens at top and bottom(make sure the graph isn't larger than the screen because if it is, u gotta zoom out)

Once u reach this point, turn it back down just a hair so it stops clipping.

Do the same thing to the other amp.

Once the other amp is done, go back to the first amp and remeasure it and adjust gain if necessary and same to the 2nd amp again.

Now u can set your low pass filter and your subsonic filter before playing music.

when playing music, you may be able to turn it up a couple to a few clicks above what u just set the head unit's volume at because the test tones i provide are VERY loud. Music isn't recorded this loud to put it simply.

Example- my head unit goes up to 35, i set my settings at 27 and play music on 31. You can go a little past it when playing music but test tones and some bass tracks, keep it at 27 for long term use for this example.

thanks very much ill see how it goes

Edited by Rozon420

I wouldn't recommend doing this based upon variables of how each amp is built. Each is going to produce a different output voltage at the same frequency and ohm load amp to amp. Just the way they're built.

There's no way to compensate that as it'll change at the next frequency, and the next and the next and the next.

i have 1 premier prs 3000 and a clarion dpx11500 both are ran at 2 ohm and wqas just wondering the best way to sync them as my box comon chamber.

Very bad idea :suicide-santa:

I wouldn't recommend doing this based upon variables of how each amp is built. Each is going to produce a different output voltage at the same frequency and ohm load amp to amp. Just the way they're built.

There's no way to compensate that as it'll change at the next frequency, and the next and the next and the next.

you are correct i tried this morning and whatever frequency i synced voltage the next frequency both changed. in short not possible . thanks for the info

you dont =)

Not a good idea to run two different amps to the same speaker(s), regardless on if you gain match them or not